- Collin Sexton reveals inspiring message Dwyane Wade gave him during jersey swap
- Report: Cavs putting ‘large focus’ on improving defense this offseason
- Former Cavs star reveals sleeper who he thinks is ‘best’ point guard in 2020 draft class
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond all of sudden far apart on contract extension
- Iman Shumpert clears up what Kyrie Irving meant after seemingly dissing LeBron James
- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
Dwyane Wade Suggests Where LeBron James Should Go in Free Agency
- Updated: February 13, 2018
Dwyane Wade is no longer one of LeBron James’ teammates, but he is still one of his closest friends. Thanks to that, Wade may have some added insight into what James plans to do when he becomes a free agent this summer.
On Monday, Wade spoke with ESPN’s Jorge Sedano and reflected on his time with the Cleveland Cavaliers, what it means to be back with the Miami Heat, and where he thinks James should continue his career.
“One thing I know is, he makes his own decisions,” Wade said. “When he gets to that point, hopefully he takes a good look at the place he’s at and gives that real consideration, and then go from there. It’s his decision.”
James and Wade have been friends since both of their NBA careers began back in 2003. Their relationship only grew stronger when they won two NBA championships in four years with the Heat. While their stint together in Cleveland didn’t work out quite as well as both had hoped, there is no doubt that Wade only has James’ best interests at heart.
It seems clear that Wade believes James should strongly consider re-signing with Cleveland before he looks elsewhere. Given that, it’s quite possible that Wade could continue helping the Cavs even though he is no longer a member of the team.