- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Dwyane Wade Suggests Where LeBron James Should Go in Free Agency
- Updated: February 13, 2018
Dwyane Wade is no longer one of LeBron James’ teammates, but he is still one of his closest friends. Thanks to that, Wade may have some added insight into what James plans to do when he becomes a free agent this summer.
On Monday, Wade spoke with ESPN’s Jorge Sedano and reflected on his time with the Cleveland Cavaliers, what it means to be back with the Miami Heat, and where he thinks James should continue his career.
“One thing I know is, he makes his own decisions,” Wade said. “When he gets to that point, hopefully he takes a good look at the place he’s at and gives that real consideration, and then go from there. It’s his decision.”
James and Wade have been friends since both of their NBA careers began back in 2003. Their relationship only grew stronger when they won two NBA championships in four years with the Heat. While their stint together in Cleveland didn’t work out quite as well as both had hoped, there is no doubt that Wade only has James’ best interests at heart.
It seems clear that Wade believes James should strongly consider re-signing with Cleveland before he looks elsewhere. Given that, it’s quite possible that Wade could continue helping the Cavs even though he is no longer a member of the team.