- Report: Chatter of ‘Gordon Hayward-Andre Drummond swap’ heating up across league
- Report: NBA title contenders were vying to trade for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Video: Isaac Okoro surprises his parents with brand new Range Rover moments after getting drafted
- Cavs players react in jubilation to first-round pick of Isaac Okoro
- Report: Cavs could be landing spot for Celtics forward Gordon Hayward
- Report: Cavs and Knicks discussing trade ahead of NBA draft
- Police release terrifying photographs from site of Kevin Porter Jr.’s car crash
- Video: Kevin Love makes heartbreaking admission that he still has suicidal thoughts
- Report: Cavs looking to trade down in order to draft Obi Toppin
- Report: NBA executives don’t expect Deni Avdija to fall past Cavs
Report: Chatter of ‘Gordon Hayward-Andre Drummond swap’ heating up across league
- Updated: November 19, 2020
The Cleveland Cavaliers are looking to make the playoffs next season.
One of the moves they could be targeting to improve their chances of doing so is swapping center Andre Drummond for Gordon Hayward with the Boston Celtics.
“Something I’ve been hearing across the league the last few days is while we don’t know how the Gordon Hayward situation is going to shake out, something that could be possible is a Gordon Hayward-Andre Drummond swap,” Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated said during NBC Sports Boston’s draft special. “That’s something that a lot of league execs I’ve been talking to have discussed.”
Drummond, 27, recently picked up his player option for the 2020-21 season.
The center put up 17.5 points, 11.1 rebounds, 1.5 steals and 1.4 blocks per game in eight games as a member of the Cavaliers last season.
Now, they are eligible to trade the veteran should they find a suitor. A reported trade for Hayward with Drummond has been in talks for a short amount of time.
Hayward, who signed with the Celtics in 2017, has career averages of 15.3 points, 4.4 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game.