- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Stan Van Gundy Takes Another Verbal Jab at LeBron James
- Updated: April 20, 2016
Trying once again to reinforce the perception of Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James as someone being protected by officials, Detroit Pistons head coach Stan Van Gundy continues to try and make his case through the media as the two teams get ready to resume their series on Wednesday night.
After complaining during Sunday’s 106-101 loss to the Cavaliers about how officials allow James free reign on the court without fear of being called for charging, Van Gundy shows no signs of veering away from such talk. Rod Beard of The Detroit News passed on the latest Van Gundy remark via a tweet:
#Pistons SVG on drawing charges on LeBron: "It was pretty clear the other night that it was impossible to do."
— Rod Beard (@detnewsRodBeard) April 20, 2016
Van Gundy’s previous remarks resulted in a $25,000 fine, but he’s hoping that the loss of money will simply be a down payment on officials keeping James in line.
The possibility of Van Gundy ramping up such comments this weekend exists, since the series shifts to Detroit’s home court for games on Friday and Sunday night.