- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
Stan Van Gundy Takes Another Verbal Jab at LeBron James
- Updated: April 20, 2016
Trying once again to reinforce the perception of Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James as someone being protected by officials, Detroit Pistons head coach Stan Van Gundy continues to try and make his case through the media as the two teams get ready to resume their series on Wednesday night.
After complaining during Sunday’s 106-101 loss to the Cavaliers about how officials allow James free reign on the court without fear of being called for charging, Van Gundy shows no signs of veering away from such talk. Rod Beard of The Detroit News passed on the latest Van Gundy remark via a tweet:
#Pistons SVG on drawing charges on LeBron: "It was pretty clear the other night that it was impossible to do."
— Rod Beard (@detnewsRodBeard) April 20, 2016
Van Gundy’s previous remarks resulted in a $25,000 fine, but he’s hoping that the loss of money will simply be a down payment on officials keeping James in line.
The possibility of Van Gundy ramping up such comments this weekend exists, since the series shifts to Detroit’s home court for games on Friday and Sunday night.