- Report: Cavs have begun exploring trade options for JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs offer major update on when Darius Garland and Collin Sexton could return
- Andre Drummond offers powerful message of support after Kevin Porter Jr. rejoins Cavs
- Former Cavs big man emphatically predicts team will trade Andre Drummond
- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
Cavs News: Mo Williams (Knee) Out At Least Two Weeks
- Updated: March 1, 2016
The inflammation of the cartilage, known medically as chondromalacia patellae, wasn’t thought to be a concern at first, according to Chris Fedor of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Williams was looked at by Dr. James Andrews and given the go-ahead to play against the Charlotte Hornets last Wednesday night. In that contest, Williams played just four minutes, but has since missed the team’s last three contests.
Prior to Monday night’s 100-96 victory over the Indiana Pacers, Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue said that the team will wait until treatment has finished before evaluating the 33-year-old veteran’s status for the remainder of the season:
“As of right now we just know he’s going to be out for a couple of weeks, getting treatment,” Lue said. “We will re-evaluate in a couple of weeks.”
Williams has seen little action since the start of 2016 after having been a mainstay in the starting lineup while Kyrie Irving continued his rehabilitation from a fractured kneecap. Irving’s return on December 20, coupled with the onset of his injuries, have seen him play in just 15 of the team’s 35 games since that date.
For the season, Williams is averaging 8.9 points and 2.7 assists per game.