- Darius Garland Organizes Cleanup in Downtown Nashville After Bouts of Vandalism and Destruction
- Video: J.R. Smith Expresses Deep Regret After Beating Up White Kid
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Powerful Post on Racial Injustices With Photo of Kobe Bryant
- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
- Report: Cavs Will Not Shy Away From Drafting LaMelo Ball Despite Being Guard-Heavy
- Report: Cavs, Warriors, Wolves, Hawks Not Likely to Be Included in NBA Resumption
- Report: Cavs Could Be in Jeopardy of Being One of NBA Teams Not Selected to Return
Report: Cavaliers Discussing Trade Involving Kevin Love and Carmelo Anthony
- Updated: February 13, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers may be shaking things up before the trade deadline.
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News reports that the Cavs have discussed a trade with the Boston Celtics and New York Knicks that would send Kevin Love to the Celtics and bring Carmelo Anthony to Cleveland. Isola states “there were preliminary discussions” involving the three teams.
The trade would also involve the expiring contract of Timofey Mogov, as he would go to the Knicks in the proposed trade.
However, Anthony has a no-trade clause in his contract. Isola reiterates that “talks have not progressed,” and that Anthony has no plans to seek a trade.
Further complicating matters is that Anthony has a 15 percent trade kicker built into his contract, meaning his salary will increase if traded.
All things considered, if this trade were to be pulled off, it would shake up the Eastern Conference considerably.
The trade deadline is set for February 18th and it clearly looks like the Cavaliers will be active in the market.