- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Report: Cavaliers Discussing Trade Involving Kevin Love and Carmelo Anthony
- Updated: February 13, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers may be shaking things up before the trade deadline.
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News reports that the Cavs have discussed a trade with the Boston Celtics and New York Knicks that would send Kevin Love to the Celtics and bring Carmelo Anthony to Cleveland. Isola states “there were preliminary discussions” involving the three teams.
The trade would also involve the expiring contract of Timofey Mogov, as he would go to the Knicks in the proposed trade.
However, Anthony has a no-trade clause in his contract. Isola reiterates that “talks have not progressed,” and that Anthony has no plans to seek a trade.
Further complicating matters is that Anthony has a 15 percent trade kicker built into his contract, meaning his salary will increase if traded.
All things considered, if this trade were to be pulled off, it would shake up the Eastern Conference considerably.
The trade deadline is set for February 18th and it clearly looks like the Cavaliers will be active in the market.