- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
- Austin Carr Can’t Hold Back Tears When Discussing Partnership With Fred McLeod
- Kevin Durant Says He Was Never One of Warriors, Calls Kyrie Irving ‘Best Friend’ in Entire League
- LeBron James, Channing Frye, and Cavs Players Respond to Passing of Fred McLeod
- Report: Cavs Mourn Passing of Play-By-Play Announcer Fred McLeod
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson Got Into Heated Altercation With Kanye West
- Darius Garland Impresses Both Ben Simmons and Renowned NBA Trainer With ‘Unlimited’ Range
- Cedi Osman Hits Buzzer-Beater, Dominates World Cup Game
- Report: Anderson Varejao Hints He’s Interested in Coming Back to Cavs
- Former NBA Big Man Thinks LeBron James, Cavs Prepared for Spurs Over Warriors in 2015
Channing Frye Campaigns for Kevin Love to Join Portland Trail Blazers
- Updated: June 24, 2019
Some of the thoughts he posts on Twitter are quite comical, but his latest tweet regarding the future of Kevin Love is quite intriguing. Frye wants to shake up the Western Conference via a trade between the Cavs and Portland Trail Blazers.
In the proposed trade, he would like to see Love join the Blazers to form the NBA’s next superteam.
I’m gonna be honest i had a conversation with friends and i think the best move for the Blazers would be to get Kevin Love. I think it would shake the whole western conference
Sending Love to Portland to play alongside Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum, and Jusuf Nurkić would send shockwaves across the league, not just the Western Conference.
The 30-year old forward may not be as dominant as he once was after an injury-plagued season, but he is a three-point shooting big man that can spread the defense. Plus, he is still one of the best rebounders in the league.
Cleveland is in rebuilding mode with young players as the priority at this time. Love could be the veteran that keeps this team from losing too many games in the regular season, but he could also be trade bait to get more young blood or future draft picks. Any trade involving Love would certainly net them some valuable assets for the future
The 2019 free agency season hasn’t officially started yet, but that doesn’t mean the NBA will be on silent mode before July.
With players like Frye fueling discussions regarding player destinations, you can be sure that fans and the media will be talking about this trade suggestion among many others.