- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Cavs News: Cavaliers Guarantee Jared Cunningham’s Contract for Rest of Season
- Updated: January 8, 2016
Despite speculation that Cunningham would be released and hit the waiver wire, the 24-year-old guard’s contract with Cleveland became guaranteed on Thursday at 5 PM EST. The Cavaliers had faced a decision on whether to retain or release him by Thursday’s deadline.
After it was reported that Joe Harris could miss the rest of the season due to a looming operation on his right foot, Cunningham’s value as a reserve guard became even more important for a team that has dealt with numerous injuries over the past year.
Outside of Harris’ injury, Mo Williams is also struggling with a right thumb injury. Williams has had surgery on the aforementioned thumb twice in past years.
While Cunningham is playing on his fifth team in four years, he has had his most productive season in 2015-16 since being selected by the Cavs with the 24th overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft. He started the first three games of his pro career this season and is currently averaging 3.4 points in 27 appearances.