- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
Report: Kevin Love to Attend Team USA Basketball Minicamp
- Updated: July 26, 2015
Despite the season-ending shoulder injury that he suffered on April 26, Cleveland Cavaliers’ forward Kevin Love, will attend the 2015 USA Basketball minicamp next month in Las Vegas, according to a report on Bleacher Report and a tweet from ESPN’s Marc Stein.
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 26, 2015
That get-together will lay the groundwork for selecting the 2016 United States Olympic team for the Summer Games to be held in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
The injury will obviously keep him from competing in two days of non-contact workouts, followed by an intrasquad scrimmage on August 13. However, there’s an important reason why Love and other injured players are expected to be there. That reason stems from the simple fact that attendance is mandatory for anyone seeking to be considered for the team, with 34 players vying for a spot on the squad.
Love has won gold medals at both the 2010 FIBA World Cup and the 2012 Summer Olympics that were held in London. He was named a member of the USA team in January 2014, but chose not to compete last summer in the FIBA World Cup due to his then-uncertain status, which eventually resulted in a deal to send him to play for the Cavaliers.