- Tristan Thompson Talks Trash to 76ers Bench After Hitting 3-Pointer
- Report: 76ers Could Be Without Multiple All-Stars for Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Report: Knicks Owner James Dolan ‘Ordered’ Front Office to Address Media After Blowout Loss to Cavs
- John Beilein and Kevin Love Applaud Tristan Thompson for Taking on Leadership Role This Season
- Report: New York Knicks in Misery After Blowout Loss to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Tristan Thompson Says Cavs Are Seeking to Make Playoffs This Season
- Report: Michael Jordan Once Destroyed Cavs After Drinking 10 Bud Lights
- Kevin Love Sends Message to Gordon Hayward After His Devastating Injury News
- LeBron James Hints at How He ‘Got Into It in Cleveland’ With Tyronn Lue
- Bradley Beal Gushes Over Darius Garland: ‘He Was Already Destined for This’
Collin Sexton on His Development This Season: ‘I’m Very Tough on Myself’
- Updated: January 12, 2019
Sexton, 20, is progressing nicely and starting to find his comfort zone. Despite his promising play, the rookie says he can be self-critical.
“I’m very tough on myself,” Sexton told Cavs.com reporter Fred McLeod. “I have an expectation of how I want to play each and every game.”
Sexton also discussed whether or not it’s difficult to stay patient through the ups and downs:
“Not at all, especially when the guys have your back. I feel like on this team everybody is for one another and want to see each other do good.”
Sexton is far from a finished product, but he’s showing significant signs of progress. He’s averaging 14.6 points, 3.0 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game this season. The Alabama University product is showing his ability to get to the basket and score, but he has yet to find his rhythm as a facilitator.
The Cavaliers are in the midst of an unfortunate rebuild and Sexton is their most promising young player. His development is key to turning the franchise around. If Sexton lives up to his own expectations, the Cavaliers will have a franchise cornerstone to build around.