- Beth McLeod’s Emotional Reaction to Major Honor From Cavs Organization
- Cavs News: LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love Voted Best Cavaliers Ever
- Kevin Love Gives Props to LeBron James Paying Tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
Collin Sexton on His Development This Season: ‘I’m Very Tough on Myself’
- Updated: January 12, 2019
Sexton, 20, is progressing nicely and starting to find his comfort zone. Despite his promising play, the rookie says he can be self-critical.
“I’m very tough on myself,” Sexton told Cavs.com reporter Fred McLeod. “I have an expectation of how I want to play each and every game.”
Sexton also discussed whether or not it’s difficult to stay patient through the ups and downs:
“Not at all, especially when the guys have your back. I feel like on this team everybody is for one another and want to see each other do good.”
Sexton is far from a finished product, but he’s showing significant signs of progress. He’s averaging 14.6 points, 3.0 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game this season. The Alabama University product is showing his ability to get to the basket and score, but he has yet to find his rhythm as a facilitator.
The Cavaliers are in the midst of an unfortunate rebuild and Sexton is their most promising young player. His development is key to turning the franchise around. If Sexton lives up to his own expectations, the Cavaliers will have a franchise cornerstone to build around.