- Larry Nance Jr. Shouts Out Ja Morant After Impressive March Madness Debut
- Collin Sexton Ties Spurs Legend Tim Duncan With Incredible Scoring Feat
- Tristan Thompson Details Why He’s Been So Impressed With Collin Sexton Lately
- Tristan Thompson Takes Shot at Cavs Reporter for Spreading Misinformation About Him
- Collin Sexton Says Teammates Would ‘Scream and Yell’ at Him for Not Shooting 3-Pointers
- Report: Cavs Update Kevin Love’s Status After Apparent Concussion vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Cavs News: Tristan Thompson to Make Return Tonight vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Stephen Curry Had Special Cigar Saved for 2016 Championship But Cavs Ruined His Plans
- Report: Warriors Security Tried to Stop J.R. Smith From Smoking Cigar After 2016 Title
- Report: Cavs Would Keep David Nwaba at Right Price
Collin Sexton on His Development This Season: ‘I’m Very Tough on Myself’
- Updated: January 12, 2019
Sexton, 20, is progressing nicely and starting to find his comfort zone. Despite his promising play, the rookie says he can be self-critical.
“I’m very tough on myself,” Sexton told Cavs.com reporter Fred McLeod. “I have an expectation of how I want to play each and every game.”
Sexton also discussed whether or not it’s difficult to stay patient through the ups and downs:
“Not at all, especially when the guys have your back. I feel like on this team everybody is for one another and want to see each other do good.”
Sexton is far from a finished product, but he’s showing significant signs of progress. He’s averaging 14.6 points, 3.0 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game this season. The Alabama University product is showing his ability to get to the basket and score, but he has yet to find his rhythm as a facilitator.
The Cavaliers are in the midst of an unfortunate rebuild and Sexton is their most promising young player. His development is key to turning the franchise around. If Sexton lives up to his own expectations, the Cavaliers will have a franchise cornerstone to build around.