- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
Collin Sexton on His Development This Season: ‘I’m Very Tough on Myself’
- Updated: January 12, 2019
Sexton, 20, is progressing nicely and starting to find his comfort zone. Despite his promising play, the rookie says he can be self-critical.
“I’m very tough on myself,” Sexton told Cavs.com reporter Fred McLeod. “I have an expectation of how I want to play each and every game.”
Sexton also discussed whether or not it’s difficult to stay patient through the ups and downs:
“Not at all, especially when the guys have your back. I feel like on this team everybody is for one another and want to see each other do good.”
Sexton is far from a finished product, but he’s showing significant signs of progress. He’s averaging 14.6 points, 3.0 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game this season. The Alabama University product is showing his ability to get to the basket and score, but he has yet to find his rhythm as a facilitator.
The Cavaliers are in the midst of an unfortunate rebuild and Sexton is their most promising young player. His development is key to turning the franchise around. If Sexton lives up to his own expectations, the Cavaliers will have a franchise cornerstone to build around.