- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Cavs News: Shawn Marion (Hip) Could Return Tonight vs. Magic
- Updated: March 15, 2015
Marion has been resting his injured left hip for the past two weeks after struggling to play after it was strained more than two months ago. He’s traveled with the team on their four-game road swing, and was a possibility to play in Thursday night’s overtime victory over the San Antonio Spurs, but was held out after the pregame.
However, even if Marion is activated for the game, he’s not likely to see much action. That’s because another veteran, James Jones, has been filling in for him, and given the team’s success so far on the trip, head coach David Blatt may want to avoid tinkering with that current formula.
Those injury struggles have helped limit Marion’s performance this year, which has him scoring 4.9 points and grabbing 3.5 rebounds in 20 minutes per game. Those are all career-lows for the 16-year veteran, who had previously announced that he would be retiring at the end of the season.
Marion was brought in to provide veteran leadership to the team, which has made great strides since the return of LeBron James in mid-January and two key trades. That leadership will no doubt be called upon when playoff time comes around.