- Report: Cavs Expressing Interest in Former No. 4 Overall Pick
- Darius Garland Cracks Top 5 Among Rookies as NBA 2K20 Ratings Get Released
- Cavs Player Unbelievably Getting Interrogated in the Bay Area
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers Not Likely to Pursue J.R. Smith After Buyout
- J.R. Smith’s Immediate Reaction After Getting Released by Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Spoken to Knicks and Grizzlies in Trade Talks
- Report: Cavs Expected to Waive J.R. Smith Today
- Kevin Love Rips Richard Jefferson and Channing Frye, Calls Them ‘Keyboard Warriors’
- Report: Cavs Offered J.R. Smith to Warriors for Andre Iguodala
- Tristan Thompson Works Out With Philadelphia 76ers All-Star
Cavs News: Shawn Marion (Hip) Could Return Tonight vs. Magic
- Updated: March 15, 2015
Marion has been resting his injured left hip for the past two weeks after struggling to play after it was strained more than two months ago. He’s traveled with the team on their four-game road swing, and was a possibility to play in Thursday night’s overtime victory over the San Antonio Spurs, but was held out after the pregame.
However, even if Marion is activated for the game, he’s not likely to see much action. That’s because another veteran, James Jones, has been filling in for him, and given the team’s success so far on the trip, head coach David Blatt may want to avoid tinkering with that current formula.
Those injury struggles have helped limit Marion’s performance this year, which has him scoring 4.9 points and grabbing 3.5 rebounds in 20 minutes per game. Those are all career-lows for the 16-year veteran, who had previously announced that he would be retiring at the end of the season.
Marion was brought in to provide veteran leadership to the team, which has made great strides since the return of LeBron James in mid-January and two key trades. That leadership will no doubt be called upon when playoff time comes around.