- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Report: Cavs have lot of ‘concern’ that Dylan Windler suffered ‘serious injury’ vs. Hornets
- Updated: December 24, 2020
The Cleveland Cavaliers enjoyed a solid win against the Charlotte Hornets in their season opener on Wednesday.
However, the team is worried that Dylan Windler suffered a serious injury in the game.
Despite x-rays on #Cavs Dylan Windler coming back negative last night after the game, I’m hearing there’s a lot of concern within the organization about a serious injury. The hope, obviously, is the concern is unfounded, especially given what Windler went thru last year
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) December 24, 2020
Windler, 24, went down with a hard left wrist injury during Wednesday’s game.
The 6-foot-6 pro missed the entire 2019-20 campaign due to a leg injury. The Cavs had high hopes for the sharpshooter last season.
On Wednesday, Windler collected three points and two steals in his NBA regular season debut. The Cavs earned a 121-114 victory over the Hornets.
The Cavs finished with the worst record in the Eastern Conference last season. However, the franchise hopes to make the playoffs this season.