- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
LeBron James Speaks Out on Effect of Kevin Love’s Injury
- Updated: February 14, 2017
A good deal of the pressure that the Cleveland Cavaliers face in the wake of Kevin Love’s arthroscopic knee surgery will be on the shoulders of LeBron James over the next six weeks. Despite the struggles that lie ahead over Love’s expected six weeks of rehabilitation, James is prepared for the challenge.
Speaking to reporters during the team’s morning shootaround at Target Center in Minneapolis, James had a simple response to one of the questions posed:
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) February 14, 2017
Love’s injury isn’t the first time that James has been forced to deal with his absence. Most famously, Love missed the final three rounds of the 2015 postseason after Boston’s Kelly Olynyk dislocated his shoulder while going for the ball in Game 4 of the first playoff round. During the remainder of that postseason, James and the Cavaliers went 10-6, with the four losses in the finals coming after Kyrie Irving also went out with a season-ending knee injury.
On other occasions, Love has dealt with back trouble, a concussion and even food poisoning last month, which makes the situation somewhat familiar territory for James. One positive in the timing of Love’s injury for the Cavaliers is the fact that one of the weeks for Love’s recovery will come during the All-Star break.