- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Updated: September 25, 2020
20 years ago, NBA legend Vince Carter iconically dunked over French center Frédéric Weis at the 2000 Olympics.
After seeing that a Twitter page dubbed Carter’s poster as the greatest dunk ever, Memphis Grizzlies star Ja Morant subtly reminded his followers that he would have had the title had he completed his slam over Cleveland Cavaliers big man Kevin Love during the 2019-20 season.
you had one job Ja 😂😂🤦🏽♂️ https://t.co/b0p7YDqCL9
— Ja Morant (@JaMorant) September 25, 2020
Morant, 21, nearly completed one of the best in-game hammers ever on Love during a contest early in the regular season.
While Morant didn’t complete the dunk, he still had a terrific first year in the NBA.
During the regular season, the point guard averaged 17.8 points, 7.3 assists and 3.9 rebounds per game. Furthermore, he almost led the undermanned Grizzlies to the playoffs.
The league recently named Morant the 2020 NBA Rookie of the Year.
There’s no doubt the youngster has a bright future in the league and is hungry to thrown down the greatest dunk in basketball history.