- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Updated: September 25, 2020
20 years ago, NBA legend Vince Carter iconically dunked over French center Frédéric Weis at the 2000 Olympics.
After seeing that a Twitter page dubbed Carter’s poster as the greatest dunk ever, Memphis Grizzlies star Ja Morant subtly reminded his followers that he would have had the title had he completed his slam over Cleveland Cavaliers big man Kevin Love during the 2019-20 season.
you had one job Ja 😂😂🤦🏽♂️ https://t.co/b0p7YDqCL9
— Ja Morant (@JaMorant) September 25, 2020
Morant, 21, nearly completed one of the best in-game hammers ever on Love during a contest early in the regular season.
While Morant didn’t complete the dunk, he still had a terrific first year in the NBA.
During the regular season, the point guard averaged 17.8 points, 7.3 assists and 3.9 rebounds per game. Furthermore, he almost led the undermanned Grizzlies to the playoffs.
The league recently named Morant the 2020 NBA Rookie of the Year.
There’s no doubt the youngster has a bright future in the league and is hungry to thrown down the greatest dunk in basketball history.