- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Ja Morant Says He Wishes He Could Attempt to Dunk on Kevin Love Again
- Updated: April 4, 2020
Fortunately for Love, the high-flier fell just short of jumping over him and missed the slam.
Yet, during an interview with SportsCenter on Friday, Morant admitted he wished could try the dunk over again.
“I just went down to go finish the play and he went to try and take the charge,” Morant said. “I think I kind of cocked the ball back too far trying to dunk it hard and lost control a little bit and hit the back rim. I wish I could have that back.”
Morant, 20, is one of the best rookies in the NBA this year.
He is posting 17.6 points, 6.9 assists and 3.5 rebounds per game this season. The youngster’s transition to the league has been tremendous as he has exhibited impressive play and leadership.
The monster dunk attempt on Love was just one example of Morant’s boldness.
Love, on the other hand, has been on the wrong end of poster dunks multiple times throughout his career.
While Morant missed the potential slam of the season, Love has been thunderously dunked on by stars Kevin Durant, Dwyane Wade and Al Horford in recent years.
Nonetheless, it portrays the 31-year-old’s defensive approach to the game. Love would rather try to take a charge as opposed to give an opponent an easy two points.