- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
Cavs News: Mo Williams to Play One More Season With Cleveland Cavaliers
- Updated: September 22, 2016
Coming back #onemoreyear
— Mo Williams (@mowilliams) September 22, 2016
Williams, who signed a two-year, $4.3 million deal two seasons ago, exercised his player option for the 2015-16 season. There was some uncertainty over whether or not the Cavs would bring the veteran back, though.
According to Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com, the Cavs decided against waiving the 33-year-old prior to the August 31 deadline in order to stretch the $2.2 million salary Williams is owed over the next five years. As a result, this lowers the team’s luxury tax penalties.
Williams averaged 8.2 points and 2.4 assists per game last season and will look to help the Cavs win back-to-back titles in 2016-17.