- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Kevin Love Says Ja Morant Dunk Attempt ‘Almost Ended My Professional Career’
- Updated: December 21, 2019
His would-be victim, Cavs big man Kevin Love, certainly benefited from Morant’s failure to complete the play.
Following the game, Love hilariously exclaimed through social media that the miss saved his career.
Ja almost ended my professional career with this dunk…that kid is something special ?????? https://t.co/5SxCItAMba
Morant’s dunk attempt evokes memories of when Vince Carter leaped over 7-foot-2-inch Frederic Weis and slammed the ball in a match between the USA and French national basketball team in the 2000 Summer Olympics.
It is considered by many people to be the greatest in-game dunk ever.
Had Morant made the dunk on Friday night, Love would be seeing himself on the wrong side of posters and highlight replays for years to come.
In the end, Love had the last laugh as the Cavs rallied to defeat the Grizzlies after facing a 12-point deficit early in the fourth quarter.
Love outplayed Morant as well. Morant was held to a season-low eight points, while Love posted 21 points and 13 rebounds in the game.
Love also hit a clutch three-point shot with just over a minute to play in the game to give the Cavs a lead that they would not relinquish.