- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
- Stunning New Nike Ad Parallels Cavs Coming Back in 2016 Finals to World Returning From Pandemic
- Former Cavs Coach Praises J.B. Bickerstaff for Getting Players to Care About Each Other and Winning
Kevin Love Says Ja Morant Dunk Attempt ‘Almost Ended My Professional Career’
- Updated: December 21, 2019
His would-be victim, Cavs big man Kevin Love, certainly benefited from Morant’s failure to complete the play.
Following the game, Love hilariously exclaimed through social media that the miss saved his career.
Ja almost ended my professional career with this dunk…that kid is something special ?????? https://t.co/5SxCItAMba
Morant’s dunk attempt evokes memories of when Vince Carter leaped over 7-foot-2-inch Frederic Weis and slammed the ball in a match between the USA and French national basketball team in the 2000 Summer Olympics.
It is considered by many people to be the greatest in-game dunk ever.
Had Morant made the dunk on Friday night, Love would be seeing himself on the wrong side of posters and highlight replays for years to come.
In the end, Love had the last laugh as the Cavs rallied to defeat the Grizzlies after facing a 12-point deficit early in the fourth quarter.
Love outplayed Morant as well. Morant was held to a season-low eight points, while Love posted 21 points and 13 rebounds in the game.
Love also hit a clutch three-point shot with just over a minute to play in the game to give the Cavs a lead that they would not relinquish.