- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Updated: September 24, 2020
The post-basketball life of former Cleveland Cavaliers guard Delonte West took another turn for the worse with the emergence of a photo that appears to show West begging on a Dallas street.
West was battling mental health issues even during his eight-year NBA career. While members of the NBA family have recently offered West help, the former baller has thus far rejected any assistance.
He was a member of the Cavaliers from 2008 to 2010.
Doc Rivers, who coached West with the Boston Celtics, as well as West’s former college teammate at St. Joseph’s University, Jameer Nelson, have been two of the most prominent voices in making those offers of help.
The fall for West is a steep drop for a player who was the 24th overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft. During his career, he averaged 9.7 points, 3.6 assists and 2.9 rebounds per game.
While the efforts of Rivers and Nelson are admirable, they may never be accepted by West unless he can be convinced to actively seek recovery.