- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Cavs News: Kendrick Perkins and Wife Involved in Roadside Altercation
- Updated: May 13, 2015
The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported that police in the suburb of Westlake responded to a 911 call at 9:37 a.m. ET, which indicated that a woman could be seen hitting a man inside a parked SUV. In addition, the woman was preventing the man from getting out of the black vehicle.
Police found Perkins and his wife inside the van, but both indicated it was simply an argument, with neither of them having any noticeable injuries.
Due to those circumstances, police decided not to arrest either Perkins or his wife, though the city prosecutor will look at the police report to decide if any charges should be filed against either person. Perkins was given a ride back to the couple’s home, while his wife drove off.
The Cavaliers released an official statement about the incident, stating, “There were no arrests or citations made by the Westlake Police, who responded on site, and there have been no accusations of wrong doing.”
Perkins is said to be cooperating with the police, and is scheduled to leave later in the day for Chicago, where the Cavs will attempt to close out their Eastern Conference semifinal series against the Chicago Bulls on Thursday night.