- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Cavs Assistant Coach Could Leave to Join Tyronn Lue on Brooklyn Nets
- Updated: March 26, 2020
Cleveland Cavaliers assistant coach Dan Geriot has shown a lot of promise throughout his young NBA coaching career.
He’s worked as an assistant coach for the Cavs since the 2016-17 season, but according to a report from Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com, the 31-year-old coach may not be in Cleveland for much longer.
“They could also lose one,” Fedor wrote. “Assistant Dan Geriot is extremely close to former Cavs coach Tyronn Lue, who could be in the running for Brooklyn’s opening. If Lue gets the gig, there’s a strong chance Lue tries to bring Geriot with him. That would be a big loss for the Cavs, as Geriot is well-liked by Cleveland’s players, respected around the league and viewed as an up-and-comer in NBA coaching circles.”
If Lue were to get another shot at a head coaching gig, it stands to reason that he would try to reunite the staff that helped him and the Cavs win the 2016 NBA Finals.
While Geriot did not arrive in Cleveland until the following season, it’s clear that he made quite the impression on Lue.
Luckily for the Cavs, it looks like they’re very solid with their current head coach. Just before the NBA paused action due to the spread of the novel coronavirus, the Cavs signed J.B. Bickerstaff to a multi-year deal.
If Geriot does end up leaving, it would offer Bickerstaff the opportunity to hand pick a new young coach to come in to take his place.