- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
Barack Obama Dedicates Message to Kevin Love for ‘Setting Good Example’
- Updated: March 14, 2020
The star big man has already received praise from a number of his NBA colleagues, but the latest source of praise is a bit more impressive that that.
On Saturday morning, former president Barack Obama took to Twitter to offer his take on Love’s act of charity.
A shout out to Kevin, Giannis, Zion, Blake, Steph and all the players, owners and organizations who are setting a good example during a challenging time. A reminder that we’re a community, and that each of us has an obligation to look out for each other. https://t.co/cv1RZi9GGL
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) March 14, 2020
It’s a pretty amazing movement that Love helped start, and it looks like Obama is quite aware of that.
The last week has been filled with confusion and fear across the United States. The suspension of the NBA’s 2019-20 regular season is a result of the spreading novel coronavirus.
Luckily, there are people like Love who are willing to sacrifice some of their own personal wealth for the greater good.
Though Obama is no longer the leader of the free world, he is still a powerful figure for many. Hopefully, his praise of Love’s selfless act will encourage others to be more charitable as the new illness impacts many facets of daily life.
As Obama so eloquently said, Love’s act has surely reminded many that they belong to a larger community. In times like these, it’s important to keep that simple fact in mind.