- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
- Stunning New Nike Ad Parallels Cavs Coming Back in 2016 Finals to World Returning From Pandemic
- Former Cavs Coach Praises J.B. Bickerstaff for Getting Players to Care About Each Other and Winning
Barack Obama Dedicates Message to Kevin Love for ‘Setting Good Example’
- Updated: March 14, 2020
The star big man has already received praise from a number of his NBA colleagues, but the latest source of praise is a bit more impressive that that.
On Saturday morning, former president Barack Obama took to Twitter to offer his take on Love’s act of charity.
A shout out to Kevin, Giannis, Zion, Blake, Steph and all the players, owners and organizations who are setting a good example during a challenging time. A reminder that we’re a community, and that each of us has an obligation to look out for each other. https://t.co/cv1RZi9GGL
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) March 14, 2020
It’s a pretty amazing movement that Love helped start, and it looks like Obama is quite aware of that.
The last week has been filled with confusion and fear across the United States. The suspension of the NBA’s 2019-20 regular season is a result of the spreading novel coronavirus.
Luckily, there are people like Love who are willing to sacrifice some of their own personal wealth for the greater good.
Though Obama is no longer the leader of the free world, he is still a powerful figure for many. Hopefully, his praise of Love’s selfless act will encourage others to be more charitable as the new illness impacts many facets of daily life.
As Obama so eloquently said, Love’s act has surely reminded many that they belong to a larger community. In times like these, it’s important to keep that simple fact in mind.