- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Barack Obama Dedicates Message to Kevin Love for ‘Setting Good Example’
- Updated: March 14, 2020
The star big man has already received praise from a number of his NBA colleagues, but the latest source of praise is a bit more impressive that that.
On Saturday morning, former president Barack Obama took to Twitter to offer his take on Love’s act of charity.
A shout out to Kevin, Giannis, Zion, Blake, Steph and all the players, owners and organizations who are setting a good example during a challenging time. A reminder that we’re a community, and that each of us has an obligation to look out for each other. https://t.co/cv1RZi9GGL
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) March 14, 2020
It’s a pretty amazing movement that Love helped start, and it looks like Obama is quite aware of that.
The last week has been filled with confusion and fear across the United States. The suspension of the NBA’s 2019-20 regular season is a result of the spreading novel coronavirus.
Luckily, there are people like Love who are willing to sacrifice some of their own personal wealth for the greater good.
Though Obama is no longer the leader of the free world, he is still a powerful figure for many. Hopefully, his praise of Love’s selfless act will encourage others to be more charitable as the new illness impacts many facets of daily life.
As Obama so eloquently said, Love’s act has surely reminded many that they belong to a larger community. In times like these, it’s important to keep that simple fact in mind.