- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
- Report: Cavs Will Not Shy Away From Drafting LaMelo Ball Despite Being Guard-Heavy
- Report: Cavs, Warriors, Wolves, Hawks Not Likely to Be Included in NBA Resumption
- Report: Cavs Could Be in Jeopardy of Being One of NBA Teams Not Selected to Return
- Cavs Legend Talks Smack About Michael Jordan and His Bulls: ‘We Used to Wax Them’
- Report: Cavs Had Multiple Trade Offers for Tristan Thompson
- Report: Cavs Provide Updated Timetable on Dylan Windler’s Return From Injury
Report: Cavs Player Says J.B. Bickerstaff Knows How to Talk to People, Unlike John Beilein
- Updated: March 9, 2020
J.B. Bickerstaff took over as the head coach in mid-February and since then, the Cavs have won five of their last 10 games.
While that rate is not eye-popping, it is certainly a dramatic improvement compared to the rest of the season.
According to one unnamed Cavs player, the difference between Beilein and Bickerstaff has been quite noticeable.
“It’s night and day,” one player told Cleveland.com about the Bickerstaff era. “(Beilein) didn’t know how to talk to people. He couldn’t communicate.”
Beilein’s short-lived tenure in Cleveland was marred by his inability to communicate. Early in the 2019-20 season, one report indicated that Cavs veterans were upset by the way Beilein was running the Cavs organization.
Another more recent report detailed how Beilein treated his players like a dictator.
The most troubling report of Beilein’s career came in early January, when Beilein called his players “thugs” during a film session.
With Bickerstaff’s first handful of games in the books, he’s got 18 more games to prove that he’s the right man for the job.
Given his record so far, and the way his players have seemed to receive him, it’s quite possible that Bickerstaff could be at the helm in Cleveland for years to come.