- Bulls Owner Reveals LeBron’s 7-Word Message About Akron That Indicated He Was Leaving Cleveland
- Larry Nance Jr. Explains Why Kobe Bryant’s Final Game More Meaningful to Him Than Cavs Championship
- Former Cavs Guard Says There’s ‘No Way’ LeBron James Eating Airplane Food Served in NBA’s Bubble
- Report: NBA Scout Explains Why 2nd NBA Bubble Is Crucial for Cavs’ Future
- Kevin Love Explains How Changing His Uniform During Halftime Helps Him Deal With Anxiety
- Kendrick Perkins Urges Pacers to Sign Former Cavs Guard to Replace Victor Oladipo
- Oddsmakers Predict Surprising NCAA Route for Bronny James
- Ultra-Rare LeBron James Rookie Card Expected to Sell for More Than $2 Million
- Report: Cavs Player Says He ‘Probably Won’t Play’ If NBA Creates 2nd Bubble
- Richard Jefferson Clowns LeBron James With Savage Comment After He Refers to Himself as King
Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
- Updated: February 19, 2020
According to Shams Charania, Jason Lloyd and Joe Vardon, one source described the former Cavs coach as a dictator.
“He was a dictator — not a coach suited for today’s NBA,” one source said.
Beilein, 67, surprisingly left the University of Michigan last summer to take on the Cavs’ vacant head coaching position.
That is how quickly things deteriorated for Beilein and the Cavs. While the head coach initially looked forward to helping rebuild the young Cavs, he never got the hang of it.
The first-year NBA coach clashed with players, used contentious language among the team and didn’t get the full support of his veterans.
As a result, the Cavs are promoting associate head coach J.B. Bickerstaff to become the team’s full-time head coach.