- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
- Updated: February 19, 2020
According to Shams Charania, Jason Lloyd and Joe Vardon, one source described the former Cavs coach as a dictator.
“He was a dictator — not a coach suited for today’s NBA,” one source said.
Beilein, 67, surprisingly left the University of Michigan last summer to take on the Cavs’ vacant head coaching position.
That is how quickly things deteriorated for Beilein and the Cavs. While the head coach initially looked forward to helping rebuild the young Cavs, he never got the hang of it.
The first-year NBA coach clashed with players, used contentious language among the team and didn’t get the full support of his veterans.
As a result, the Cavs are promoting associate head coach J.B. Bickerstaff to become the team’s full-time head coach.