- Larry Nance Jr. Claims All NBA Players Are Already ‘Out of Basketball Shape’
- Kevin Love Speculates How NBA Will Return for Rest of 2019-20 Season
- Report: Andre Drummond to Face Off Against DeMarcus Cousins in NBA 2K Tournament
- Larry Nance Jr.’s Hilarious Reason for Wanting to Resume Season Has Nothing to Do With Cavs
- Beth McLeod Touched by LeBron James’ Thoughts and Prayers
- Matthew Dellavedova Takes Playful Shot at Random Appearance of Cedi Osman
- Darius Garland Sends Somber Message Due to Lull in NBA Season
- Larry Nance Jr.: ‘I Have Zero Interest in Anything Basketball-Related Right Now’
- Report: Cavs’ Strength and Conditioning Trainers Keeping Team Ready
- Kyrie Irving Reveals Incredible Advice Kobe Bryant Gave Him Midway Through 2016 NBA Finals
Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
- Updated: February 19, 2020
According to Shams Charania, Jason Lloyd and Joe Vardon, one source described the former Cavs coach as a dictator.
“He was a dictator — not a coach suited for today’s NBA,” one source said.
Beilein, 67, surprisingly left the University of Michigan last summer to take on the Cavs’ vacant head coaching position.
That is how quickly things deteriorated for Beilein and the Cavs. While the head coach initially looked forward to helping rebuild the young Cavs, he never got the hang of it.
The first-year NBA coach clashed with players, used contentious language among the team and didn’t get the full support of his veterans.
As a result, the Cavs are promoting associate head coach J.B. Bickerstaff to become the team’s full-time head coach.