- LeBron James shares heartfelt tweet about Tristan Thompson
- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
- Updated: February 19, 2020
According to Shams Charania, Jason Lloyd and Joe Vardon, one source described the former Cavs coach as a dictator.
“He was a dictator — not a coach suited for today’s NBA,” one source said.
Beilein, 67, surprisingly left the University of Michigan last summer to take on the Cavs’ vacant head coaching position.
That is how quickly things deteriorated for Beilein and the Cavs. While the head coach initially looked forward to helping rebuild the young Cavs, he never got the hang of it.
The first-year NBA coach clashed with players, used contentious language among the team and didn’t get the full support of his veterans.
As a result, the Cavs are promoting associate head coach J.B. Bickerstaff to become the team’s full-time head coach.