- Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
- Tristan Thompson Reminisces on Cavs Championship as ‘Legendary Father’s Day’
- Numbers Show That Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Was NBA’s Worst Player This Season
What J.B. Bickerstaff Told His Cavs Heading Into Dominant 4th Quarter vs. Heat
- Updated: February 25, 2020
The Cleveland Cavaliers had one of their best wins of the season against the Miami Heat on Monday night.
The Cavs stormed back from a 19-point deficit in the fourth quarter to defeat the Heat in overtime.
“Score don’t matter,” Bickerstaff said. “Just win this quarter.”
Bickerstaff, who just started his head coaching tenure with the Cavs after the All-Star break, has an encouraging 2-1 record so far.
The 40-year-old has an uncanny ability to connect with players and see the best in them. That skill was in full effect on Monday when he allowed rookie Kevin Porter Jr. to close out the game.
Porter Jr. had the best contest of his career on Monday night. The 19-year-old put up 30 points, eight rebounds, three assists and three steals in 41 minutes of action.
Last week, Bickerstaff said he will be giving Porter Jr. a heavier workload for the second half of the season.
The No. 30 pick in the 2019 NBA draft is putting up 9.9 points, 3.2 boards and 2.0 assists per game this season.
However, his production has gone up in the last few months. As a matter of fact, he is averaging 14.3 points per game in the month of February.
The Cavs take on the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday evening.