- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Video: J.R. Smith Sends Special Birthday Shoutout to Kevin Love
- Updated: September 7, 2017
“Shout out to my man K. Love, dog. My brother from another mother, my little big brother. Happy birthday kid, enjoy it,” Smith began. “You know what I’m saying, you deserve it. So much I could say about you, how much you’ve evolved as a person and as a player since I — since we first joined up in Cleveland. Man, you are an unbelievable dude, man, unbelievable. All your success and everything you deserve it, you work hard for it.”
He concluded with a heartfelt message to Love and all of his teammates:
“I’m on my way to the gym to get better for us and the team, so I know you’re going to be doing the same. Love you kid, enjoy your day.”
Watch Swish’s birthday message below.
With so much drama surrounding the Cavs this offseason, Smith’s video is a welcome reminder of how much the players on this team enjoy playing together. Hopefully his message makes Love’s special day that much better.