- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Video: J.R. Smith Sends Special Birthday Shoutout to Kevin Love
- Updated: September 7, 2017
“Shout out to my man K. Love, dog. My brother from another mother, my little big brother. Happy birthday kid, enjoy it,” Smith began. “You know what I’m saying, you deserve it. So much I could say about you, how much you’ve evolved as a person and as a player since I — since we first joined up in Cleveland. Man, you are an unbelievable dude, man, unbelievable. All your success and everything you deserve it, you work hard for it.”
He concluded with a heartfelt message to Love and all of his teammates:
“I’m on my way to the gym to get better for us and the team, so I know you’re going to be doing the same. Love you kid, enjoy your day.”
Watch Swish’s birthday message below.
With so much drama surrounding the Cavs this offseason, Smith’s video is a welcome reminder of how much the players on this team enjoy playing together. Hopefully his message makes Love’s special day that much better.