- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Cavs Sign Alfonzo McKinnie to 10-Day Contract
- Updated: January 9, 2020
This time, he’ll be with the team on a 10-day contract.
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) January 9, 2020
It was an expected move by the Cavs due to the team’s lack of depth on the perimeter due to injuries.
Dante Exum is still sidelined after coming down with flu-like symptoms.
Rookie Dylan Windler has yet to recover completely after suffering a setback in his rehabilitation from a stress reaction in his left leg.
Reacquiring McKinnie will help the Cavs fill the void as the missing players continue to recover.
In the 23 games he has suited up so far in the season, McKinnie has averaged 2.7 points and 2.1 rebounds in 11.1 minutes per game.
With more minutes available, he has the opportunity to increase his production and prove he is worth more than a 10-day contract.