- How Cavs Nearly Drafted Joel Embiid After He Trash-Talked David Griffin During Pre-Draft Workout
- Andre Drummond Conveys Sad Message About Being Away From Basketball
- Dan Gilbert and Quicken Loans Announce $1.2 Million Donation to Address Detroit Coronavirus Impact
- Report: Cavs Senior Director ‘Strong Candidate’ to Join Knicks Front Office
- Report: Canton Charge’s Season Expected to Be Cancelled Entirely
- Matthew Dellavedova Urges People to Take Social Distancing Seriously
- Barack Obama Dedicates Message to Kevin Love for ‘Setting Good Example’
- Kevin Love Praises Giannis Antetokounmpo for Also Donating $100K to Arena’s Staff
- LeBron James and Kevin Love Send Birthday Love to Tristan Thompson
- Report: Cavs to Compensate Staff Members as If All Games and Events Were Taking Place
Cavs News: Dylan Windler Suffers Setback in Recovery From Injury
- Updated: December 13, 2019
The anticipated professional debut of Cleveland Cavaliers rookie guard Dylan Windler was once again delayed on Friday with news that he had suffered a setback in his rehabilitation from a stress reaction in his left leg.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) December 13, 2019
Windler suffered the injury prior to the start of the Cavaliers’ training camp, with the timeline for his return originally set for between four to six weeks. That time has come and gone, with Windler’s inability to shake off the injury pushing back the rookie’s first career NBA game.
The 23-year-old Windler was chosen by the Cavaliers with the 26th overall pick in June’s draft out of Belmont University. In the buildup to the start of training camp, he had caught the eye of the Cavaliers’ new head coach, John Beilein.
The delay of at least two weeks would push back his return to the court until at least the Dec. 27 game in Boston. That return date may end up being an optimistic one, in part because the Cavaliers are likely not eager to rush him back.
In the meantime, the Cavaliers will seek to build off their overtime win at San Antonio on Thursday night. They remain on the road for a Saturday night clash against the Milwaukee Bucks.