- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
Cavs News: Dylan Windler Suffers Setback in Recovery From Injury
- Updated: December 13, 2019
The anticipated professional debut of Cleveland Cavaliers rookie guard Dylan Windler was once again delayed on Friday with news that he had suffered a setback in his rehabilitation from a stress reaction in his left leg.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) December 13, 2019
Windler suffered the injury prior to the start of the Cavaliers’ training camp, with the timeline for his return originally set for between four to six weeks. That time has come and gone, with Windler’s inability to shake off the injury pushing back the rookie’s first career NBA game.
The 23-year-old Windler was chosen by the Cavaliers with the 26th overall pick in June’s draft out of Belmont University. In the buildup to the start of training camp, he had caught the eye of the Cavaliers’ new head coach, John Beilein.
The delay of at least two weeks would push back his return to the court until at least the Dec. 27 game in Boston. That return date may end up being an optimistic one, in part because the Cavaliers are likely not eager to rush him back.
In the meantime, the Cavaliers will seek to build off their overtime win at San Antonio on Thursday night. They remain on the road for a Saturday night clash against the Milwaukee Bucks.