- Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
- Tristan Thompson Reminisces on Cavs Championship as ‘Legendary Father’s Day’
- Numbers Show That Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Was NBA’s Worst Player This Season
Cavs News: Dylan Windler Suffers Setback in Recovery From Injury
- Updated: December 13, 2019
The anticipated professional debut of Cleveland Cavaliers rookie guard Dylan Windler was once again delayed on Friday with news that he had suffered a setback in his rehabilitation from a stress reaction in his left leg.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) December 13, 2019
Windler suffered the injury prior to the start of the Cavaliers’ training camp, with the timeline for his return originally set for between four to six weeks. That time has come and gone, with Windler’s inability to shake off the injury pushing back the rookie’s first career NBA game.
The 23-year-old Windler was chosen by the Cavaliers with the 26th overall pick in June’s draft out of Belmont University. In the buildup to the start of training camp, he had caught the eye of the Cavaliers’ new head coach, John Beilein.
The delay of at least two weeks would push back his return to the court until at least the Dec. 27 game in Boston. That return date may end up being an optimistic one, in part because the Cavaliers are likely not eager to rush him back.
In the meantime, the Cavaliers will seek to build off their overtime win at San Antonio on Thursday night. They remain on the road for a Saturday night clash against the Milwaukee Bucks.