- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Tyronn Lue Rips Cavs After Embarrassing Loss to Nets
- Updated: October 26, 2017
Going into the 2017-18 season, the Nets were thought to be one of the weakest teams in the Eastern Conference. This assessment has made the Nets’ 2018 unprotected first-round draft pick that the Cavs received as a part of the Kyrie Irving trade highly valuable.
Following the loss, however, head coach Tyronn Lue ripped into his own team (albeit sarcastically), saying that instead of worrying about how valuable the Nets pick might be, they should be focused on winning games.
Ty Lue: "We're running around here worrying about getting the Brooklyn pick, they may want our pick."
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydNBA) October 26, 2017
The Cavaliers couldn’t secure the victory despite an incredible performance by James, who had 29 points, 13 assists, and 10 rebounds in the game, and a 13-0 run in the fourth quarter that had them leading late.
The season is young, but at the moment both the Cavaliers and Nets sit at 3-2 on the season. The Cavs will look to separate themselves form the rest of the conference when they take on the New Orleans Pelicans this Saturday.