- Cavs Rumors: Growing Belief That NBA Won’t Create 2nd Bubble for 8 Eliminated Teams
- Report: Cavs Were ‘Livid’ to Be Left Out of NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Deems Anthony Davis ‘Monstar’ After Huge Game in NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Emotional Message About Why He Feels Lucky to Be on Cavs
- Dylan Windler Offers Incredibly Positive Update on Injury Recovery
- Tristan Thompson Gets Hyped While Explaining Why LeBron James Is the Best Player in the NBA
- Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Down Why He’s a ‘Huge Fan’ of LaMelo Ball
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond Exploring ‘Substantial Offer’ for Long-Term Extension
- Report: Cavs Have 1 Draft Prospect ‘Sitting Firmly Towards the Top’ of Their List
- Tristan Thompson Says He Would’ve Asked Lou Williams to Bring Magic City Wings Back to Bubble
Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Make 1st Career Start Tonight vs. New York Knicks
- Updated: November 18, 2019
Tonight, Porter will notch his first career start when the Cavs take on the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) November 18, 2019
So far this season, Porter has averaged 6.0 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 18.9 minutes per game.
As the season has progressed, he has managed to carve out a meaningful role in the Cavs’ rotation, flashing the athleticism and skill that led him to be a projected lottery pick before a forgettable freshman year at the University of Southern California led to a draft-night fall.
Porter is likely sliding into the starting lineup as a result of injuries to both Kevin Love and Larry Nance Jr. Regardless, it is a great opportunity for him to showcase his ability to impact the game with increased usage.
Some of the most legendary games in NBA history have taken place at the historic Madison Square Garden. While it’s unlikely that Porter will put in a performance that rivals some of those all-time great outings, it will surely be a performance that the talented teenager will never forget.