- Report: Cavs Have Made Everyone Except Darius Garland Available in Trade Talks
- Report: Cavs Asking for 1st-Round Pick in Exchange for Kevin Love
- Tristan Thompson Gushes About Kevin Porter Jr.: ‘The Kid Has Something Special’
- Report: Cavs Actively Listening to Trade Proposals for Kevin Love
- Cavs Rumors: Kevin Love ‘Prefers’ Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Make 1st Career Start Tonight vs. New York Knicks
- Updated: November 18, 2019
Tonight, Porter will notch his first career start when the Cavs take on the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) November 18, 2019
So far this season, Porter has averaged 6.0 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 18.9 minutes per game.
As the season has progressed, he has managed to carve out a meaningful role in the Cavs’ rotation, flashing the athleticism and skill that led him to be a projected lottery pick before a forgettable freshman year at the University of Southern California led to a draft-night fall.
Porter is likely sliding into the starting lineup as a result of injuries to both Kevin Love and Larry Nance Jr. Regardless, it is a great opportunity for him to showcase his ability to impact the game with increased usage.
Some of the most legendary games in NBA history have taken place at the historic Madison Square Garden. While it’s unlikely that Porter will put in a performance that rivals some of those all-time great outings, it will surely be a performance that the talented teenager will never forget.