- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Make 1st Career Start Tonight vs. New York Knicks
- Updated: November 18, 2019
Tonight, Porter will notch his first career start when the Cavs take on the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) November 18, 2019
So far this season, Porter has averaged 6.0 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 18.9 minutes per game.
As the season has progressed, he has managed to carve out a meaningful role in the Cavs’ rotation, flashing the athleticism and skill that led him to be a projected lottery pick before a forgettable freshman year at the University of Southern California led to a draft-night fall.
Porter is likely sliding into the starting lineup as a result of injuries to both Kevin Love and Larry Nance Jr. Regardless, it is a great opportunity for him to showcase his ability to impact the game with increased usage.
Some of the most legendary games in NBA history have taken place at the historic Madison Square Garden. While it’s unlikely that Porter will put in a performance that rivals some of those all-time great outings, it will surely be a performance that the talented teenager will never forget.