- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
Darius Garland Sends Optimistic Message to Cavs Fans After Worst Game of Career
- Updated: November 3, 2019
In 26 minutes of play, Garland recorded just two points on 0-for-10 shooting from the field. It was without a doubt the worst game thus far of his young NBA career. However, the prized rookie is not letting that low point get in the way of his progress.
Over the weekend, Garland took to Instagram to remind his fans and doubters alike that there is still a whole lot of basketball to be played in his rookie campaign.
Veteran teammate Jordan Clarkson chimed in in the comment’s section of the post, making sure that his young teammate knows that his attitude is the right one. Former Cavs player Sindarius Thornwell also chimed in.
It takes more than just physical talent to succeed in the NBA. While Garland has all the physical talent necessary to excel, it’s posts like these that prove that he also holds the mental toughness needed.
Hopefully his self-confidence is reflected in an uptick in production in the next handful of games. With season averages of 8.0 points and 3.4 assists per game thus far, there certainly is a lot of room for improvement.