- Tristan Thompson Talks Trash to 76ers Bench After Hitting 3-Pointer
- Report: 76ers Could Be Without Multiple All-Stars for Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Report: Knicks Owner James Dolan ‘Ordered’ Front Office to Address Media After Blowout Loss to Cavs
- John Beilein and Kevin Love Applaud Tristan Thompson for Taking on Leadership Role This Season
- Report: New York Knicks in Misery After Blowout Loss to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Tristan Thompson Says Cavs Are Seeking to Make Playoffs This Season
- Report: Michael Jordan Once Destroyed Cavs After Drinking 10 Bud Lights
- Kevin Love Sends Message to Gordon Hayward After His Devastating Injury News
- LeBron James Hints at How He ‘Got Into It in Cleveland’ With Tyronn Lue
- Bradley Beal Gushes Over Darius Garland: ‘He Was Already Destined for This’
Darius Garland Sends Optimistic Message to Cavs Fans After Worst Game of Career
- Updated: November 3, 2019
In 26 minutes of play, Garland recorded just two points on 0-for-10 shooting from the field. It was without a doubt the worst game thus far of his young NBA career. However, the prized rookie is not letting that low point get in the way of his progress.
Over the weekend, Garland took to Instagram to remind his fans and doubters alike that there is still a whole lot of basketball to be played in his rookie campaign.
Veteran teammate Jordan Clarkson chimed in in the comment’s section of the post, making sure that his young teammate knows that his attitude is the right one. Former Cavs player Sindarius Thornwell also chimed in.
It takes more than just physical talent to succeed in the NBA. While Garland has all the physical talent necessary to excel, it’s posts like these that prove that he also holds the mental toughness needed.
Hopefully his self-confidence is reflected in an uptick in production in the next handful of games. With season averages of 8.0 points and 3.4 assists per game thus far, there certainly is a lot of room for improvement.