- LeBron James Sends Outpouring of Birthday Messages to Kevin Love
- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
- Richard Jefferson Destroys Giannis Antetokounmpo for Not Guarding Jimmy Butler in Game 1
Darius Garland Sends Optimistic Message to Cavs Fans After Worst Game of Career
- Updated: November 3, 2019
In 26 minutes of play, Garland recorded just two points on 0-for-10 shooting from the field. It was without a doubt the worst game thus far of his young NBA career. However, the prized rookie is not letting that low point get in the way of his progress.
Over the weekend, Garland took to Instagram to remind his fans and doubters alike that there is still a whole lot of basketball to be played in his rookie campaign.
Veteran teammate Jordan Clarkson chimed in in the comment’s section of the post, making sure that his young teammate knows that his attitude is the right one. Former Cavs player Sindarius Thornwell also chimed in.
It takes more than just physical talent to succeed in the NBA. While Garland has all the physical talent necessary to excel, it’s posts like these that prove that he also holds the mental toughness needed.
Hopefully his self-confidence is reflected in an uptick in production in the next handful of games. With season averages of 8.0 points and 3.4 assists per game thus far, there certainly is a lot of room for improvement.