- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Former NBA All-Star Clowns on J.R. Smith’s Trade Request From Cavs
- Updated: November 5, 2018
It all started when Smith posted a photograph of himself enjoying a day of golf over the weekend.
It didn’t take long for Arenas, who has become known as a sort of social media troll, to speak out on the current drama regarding Smith’s uncertain future in Cleveland.
There hasn’t been any additional information since it was initially reported that Smith wanted to be traded by the Cavs, but it stands to reason that he is still looking for a fresh start somewhere else. Based on Arenas’ comment, it seems that he believes Smith should actually be considering retiring from the NBA altogether.
All jokes aside, it will be fascinating to see what happens to Smith as the Cavs coaching staff and front office continue to bring their younger talent along. While it seems Smith can expect a very small role on the court as long as he remains on the Cavs roster, he could potentially serve as an important veteran presence for his younger teammates.
Whatever happens between Smith and the Cavs going forward, it seems likely that the veteran guard will have to have a pretty good sense of humor about all of it.