- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Former NBA All-Star Clowns on J.R. Smith’s Trade Request From Cavs
- Updated: November 5, 2018
It all started when Smith posted a photograph of himself enjoying a day of golf over the weekend.
It didn’t take long for Arenas, who has become known as a sort of social media troll, to speak out on the current drama regarding Smith’s uncertain future in Cleveland.
There hasn’t been any additional information since it was initially reported that Smith wanted to be traded by the Cavs, but it stands to reason that he is still looking for a fresh start somewhere else. Based on Arenas’ comment, it seems that he believes Smith should actually be considering retiring from the NBA altogether.
All jokes aside, it will be fascinating to see what happens to Smith as the Cavs coaching staff and front office continue to bring their younger talent along. While it seems Smith can expect a very small role on the court as long as he remains on the Cavs roster, he could potentially serve as an important veteran presence for his younger teammates.
Whatever happens between Smith and the Cavs going forward, it seems likely that the veteran guard will have to have a pretty good sense of humor about all of it.