- Report: Cavs Want Young Players and Picks in Any Kevin Love Trade
- Report: LeBron James Called Rob Pelinka to Vouch for and Recruit Former Cavs Teammate
- Jordan Clarkson Sings Praises for NBA in Reaction to Russell Westbrook Trade
- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Give Cavs ‘Rare’ Discount on Rookie Contract
- Richard Jefferson Asks Kevin Love for Pictures of His Girlfriend Kate Bock
- Larry Nance Jr. ‘Happy as Hell’ With Cavs’ Offseason, Expects to Be ‘Problem’ for Opponents
- Former Cavs Player Outraged After ESPN Analysts Count Out LeBron James and Lakers
Former NBA All-Star Clowns on J.R. Smith’s Trade Request From Cavs
- Updated: November 5, 2018
It all started when Smith posted a photograph of himself enjoying a day of golf over the weekend.
It didn’t take long for Arenas, who has become known as a sort of social media troll, to speak out on the current drama regarding Smith’s uncertain future in Cleveland.
There hasn’t been any additional information since it was initially reported that Smith wanted to be traded by the Cavs, but it stands to reason that he is still looking for a fresh start somewhere else. Based on Arenas’ comment, it seems that he believes Smith should actually be considering retiring from the NBA altogether.
All jokes aside, it will be fascinating to see what happens to Smith as the Cavs coaching staff and front office continue to bring their younger talent along. While it seems Smith can expect a very small role on the court as long as he remains on the Cavs roster, he could potentially serve as an important veteran presence for his younger teammates.
Whatever happens between Smith and the Cavs going forward, it seems likely that the veteran guard will have to have a pretty good sense of humor about all of it.