- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Former NBA All-Star Clowns on J.R. Smith’s Trade Request From Cavs
- Updated: November 5, 2018
It all started when Smith posted a photograph of himself enjoying a day of golf over the weekend.
It didn’t take long for Arenas, who has become known as a sort of social media troll, to speak out on the current drama regarding Smith’s uncertain future in Cleveland.
There hasn’t been any additional information since it was initially reported that Smith wanted to be traded by the Cavs, but it stands to reason that he is still looking for a fresh start somewhere else. Based on Arenas’ comment, it seems that he believes Smith should actually be considering retiring from the NBA altogether.
All jokes aside, it will be fascinating to see what happens to Smith as the Cavs coaching staff and front office continue to bring their younger talent along. While it seems Smith can expect a very small role on the court as long as he remains on the Cavs roster, he could potentially serve as an important veteran presence for his younger teammates.
Whatever happens between Smith and the Cavs going forward, it seems likely that the veteran guard will have to have a pretty good sense of humor about all of it.