- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Report: Cavs Won’t Pick Up Fourth-Year Option on Ante Zizic
- Updated: October 30, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers continue to make decisions on their future, with Wednesday bringing news that the team will not be picking up the fourth-year option for the contract of Ante Zizic next season.
Despite the move, the Cavaliers have not ruled out negotiating a new deal when he officially becomes a free agent next July.
#Cavs have informed Ante Zizic that they will not be picking up his fourth-year option for $3.87 million, league sources tell @clevelanddotcom. Sources say there’s a “strong possibility” that they try to bring him back because of how much they like him. Will be up to Zizic tho.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) October 30, 2019
Zizic was originally drafted with the 23rd overall pick of the 2016 NBA Draft by the Boston Celtics. A native of Croatia, Zizic played overseas during the 2016-17 NBA season, and in August 2017, was sent to the Cavaliers as part of the Kyrie Irving deal.
The 22-year-old Zizic has yet to take the court this season because of a foot injury, but has started 27 of the 91 games during his first two years in a Cavaliers uniform. All but two of Zizic’s starts came last season, when injuries to Tristan Thompson kept the veteran off the court.
In those 91 games, Zizic has averaged 6.4 points and 4.2 rebounds per game. The big man may end up seeing more playing time at some point this season, a decision that would depend on whether or not the Cavaliers end up trading free-agent-to-be Thompson before February’s trade deadline.