- Jordan Clarkson Tells Channing Frye to ‘Shut Up’ After He Gets Roasted in Hilarious Fashion
- John Beilein Rips Referees for Traveling Calls on Cavs: ‘It’s Not Fair’
- Kyrie Irving ‘Coward’ Signs Spotted in Boston Ahead of Celtics-Nets Matchup
- Tristan Thompson Says Collin Sexton and Darius Garland Are Different: ‘They’re Not Douchebags’
- Report: Cavs to Eventually Demote Collin Sexton to Bench Role
- Darius Garland Speaks on Recent Improvement: ‘It’s Starting to Slow Down for Me’
- Report: Rival Executives Expected Trail Blazers to Target Kevin Love After Zach Collins Injury
- LeBron James Hilariously Reacts to Richard Jefferson Trolling New York Knicks
- Kevin Love Not Buying That Kyrie Irving Is a Bad Teammate
- Tristan Thompson Calls Kyrie Irving ‘Great Teammate,’ Says Cavs Will Retire His Jersey
Report: Cavs Won’t Pick Up Fourth-Year Option on Ante Zizic
- Updated: October 30, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers continue to make decisions on their future, with Wednesday bringing news that the team will not be picking up the fourth-year option for the contract of Ante Zizic next season.
Despite the move, the Cavaliers have not ruled out negotiating a new deal when he officially becomes a free agent next July.
#Cavs have informed Ante Zizic that they will not be picking up his fourth-year option for $3.87 million, league sources tell @clevelanddotcom. Sources say there’s a “strong possibility” that they try to bring him back because of how much they like him. Will be up to Zizic tho.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) October 30, 2019
Zizic was originally drafted with the 23rd overall pick of the 2016 NBA Draft by the Boston Celtics. A native of Croatia, Zizic played overseas during the 2016-17 NBA season, and in August 2017, was sent to the Cavaliers as part of the Kyrie Irving deal.
The 22-year-old Zizic has yet to take the court this season because of a foot injury, but has started 27 of the 91 games during his first two years in a Cavaliers uniform. All but two of Zizic’s starts came last season, when injuries to Tristan Thompson kept the veteran off the court.
In those 91 games, Zizic has averaged 6.4 points and 4.2 rebounds per game. The big man may end up seeing more playing time at some point this season, a decision that would depend on whether or not the Cavaliers end up trading free-agent-to-be Thompson before February’s trade deadline.