- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
- Collin Sexton Discusses Close Relationship With Chris Paul, Says He Talks to Him Every Week
- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
Former Cavs Player Says It’s ‘Disrespectful’ J.R. Smith Is Still Unsigned
- Updated: October 27, 2019
Thomas also mentioned Carmelo Anthony, a 10-time All-Star, and Jamal Crawford, a three-time Sixth Man of the Year awardee, as players who should be on an NBA roster by now.
— Fanatics View (@fanaticsview) October 25, 2019
“It’s disrespectful,” Thomas said. “Carmelo Anthony is a Hall of Famer. Jamal Crawford is arguably the best sixth man to ever play the game. J.R. Smith is a champion. Iman Shumpert is another one that needs to be signed. These are great players that, for whatever reason, are not on a team, and they can help a young team, a championship-contending team. They can help in any way possible. They’re really good players and it just sucks that it’s an unfortunate situation they haven’t been signed. But hopefully, they’re signed soon.”
Smith was waived by the Cavaliers in July, while Shumpert is a free agent after his contract with the Houston Rockets expired this summer. Thomas, who signed a one-year, $2.3 million deal with the Washington Wizards this offseason, played alongside Smith and Shumpert on the 2017-18 Cavaliers team.
The season is still young and there’s a possibility that Smith and Shumpert will be picked up by NBA teams within the next few months.