- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
Report: Cavs Release Injury Update for Tonight’s Preseason Opener
- Updated: October 7, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers get their 2019 preseason schedule underway on Monday night at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse against San Lorenzo de Almagro from Argentina.
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) October 7, 2019
One player who will be playing figures to get plenty of attention in top pick Darius Garland. The rookie guard didn’t play at all during the Cavaliers’ Summer League action. He saw his only season at the college level end last year after just five games because of a torn meniscus.
The Cavaliers get the NBA portion of their preseason schedule started on Friday night, when they go on the road to face the Detroit Pistons. The brief series of preseason contests will conclude with a Sunday afternoon road game against the Boston Celtics, followed by an Oct. 15 home matchup also against the Celtics.