- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
- Tristan Thompson Says LeBron James Has ‘Worst Diet Ever’ and ‘Eats Like S—‘
Patrick Beverley Shuts Down Reporter Who Compares Him to Matthew Dellavedova
- Updated: October 24, 2019
If fans were to make a list of the grittiest guards in the NBA, two names to likely end up on that list would be Los Angeles Clippers veteran Patrick Beverley and Cleveland Cavaliers veteran Matthew Dellevadova.
Despite that fact, Beverley recently scoffed at a comparison made between himself and the Australian national.
Pat Bev wasn’t feeling the Delly comparison 😅
— Bleacher Report NBA (@BR_NBA) October 23, 2019
The interaction occurred when an Australian reporter first made the comparison.
“Aussies love the way you play,” the reporter said. “You scrap like Matthew Dellavedova, you do a bit of trash-talking.”
Beverley then quickly cut him off.
“No, no I don’t,” he said. “I scrap like Patrick Beverley.”
The reporter, clearly surprised by the response, was stuck with his tongue tied.
“You do?” He asked. “Okay.”
It was a bit of an awkward interaction where Beverley once again displayed his lack of concern when it comes to speaking his mind.
Despite Beverley’s insistence, the two players serve similar roles on their respective teams. Both Beverley and Dellavedova are known as grind-it-out players who are not afraid to get physical, even if it means sacrificing their own bodies.
In Beverley’s season opener with the Clippers, he recorded two points, six assists and 10 rebounds. Dellavedova recording five points and three assists in the Cavs’ season opener on Wednesday.
What is likely the biggest difference between the two players right now is the statuses of their respective teams. While the Clippers are considered finals favorites thanks to the offseason additions of Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, Delly’s Cavs are presumed to finish near the bottom of the Eastern Conference for the second season in a row.