- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Patrick Beverley Shuts Down Reporter Who Compares Him to Matthew Dellavedova
- Updated: October 24, 2019
If fans were to make a list of the grittiest guards in the NBA, two names to likely end up on that list would be Los Angeles Clippers veteran Patrick Beverley and Cleveland Cavaliers veteran Matthew Dellevadova.
Despite that fact, Beverley recently scoffed at a comparison made between himself and the Australian national.
Pat Bev wasn’t feeling the Delly comparison ?
— Bleacher Report NBA (@BR_NBA) October 23, 2019
The interaction occurred when an Australian reporter first made the comparison.
“Aussies love the way you play,” the reporter said. “You scrap like Matthew Dellavedova, you do a bit of trash-talking.”
Beverley then quickly cut him off.
“No, no I don’t,” he said. “I scrap like Patrick Beverley.”
The reporter, clearly surprised by the response, was stuck with his tongue tied.
“You do?” He asked. “Okay.”
It was a bit of an awkward interaction where Beverley once again displayed his lack of concern when it comes to speaking his mind.
Despite Beverley’s insistence, the two players serve similar roles on their respective teams. Both Beverley and Dellavedova are known as grind-it-out players who are not afraid to get physical, even if it means sacrificing their own bodies.
In Beverley’s season opener with the Clippers, he recorded two points, six assists and 10 rebounds. Dellavedova recording five points and three assists in the Cavs’ season opener on Wednesday.
What is likely the biggest difference between the two players right now is the statuses of their respective teams. While the Clippers are considered finals favorites thanks to the offseason additions of Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, Delly’s Cavs are presumed to finish near the bottom of the Eastern Conference for the second season in a row.