- Tristan Thompson Says He Learned How to Lead From LeBron James
- Cavs Member Says Current Locker Room ‘Better’ Than That of 2016 Championship Squad
- Kevin Love Says Cavs Feeling ‘Pretty Damn Good’ Despite Loss to 76ers
- Tristan Thompson Talks Trash to 76ers Bench After Hitting 3-Pointer
- Report: 76ers Could Be Without Multiple All-Stars for Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Report: Knicks Owner James Dolan ‘Ordered’ Front Office to Address Media After Blowout Loss to Cavs
- John Beilein and Kevin Love Applaud Tristan Thompson for Taking on Leadership Role This Season
- Report: New York Knicks in Misery After Blowout Loss to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Tristan Thompson Says Cavs Are Seeking to Make Playoffs This Season
- Report: Michael Jordan Once Destroyed Cavs After Drinking 10 Bud Lights
Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Message to Haters Who Think Cavs Will Have Another Poor Season
- Updated: October 18, 2019
No one is expecting the Cleveland Cavaliers to be world beaters this upcoming season, but rookie Kevin Porter Jr. recently took to Instagram to post a message to those that believe the Cavs will stumble to a record similar to that of last season.
Last year, the Cavs finished with a second-worst Eastern Conference record of 19-63.
Porter doesn’t think that result will be replicated in the 2019-20 campaign.
Porter and the Cavs may have higher hopes than being bottom feeders this season, but their preseason performances haven’t inspired much confidence. In three games against NBA competition, the Cavs have suffered three losses. Two of those losses have been by double-digit point totals.
Still, there’s no doubt that thinks are looking up in Cleveland. With the progression of second-year point guard Collin Sexton and the injection of talented rookies such as Porter, Darius Garland, and Dylan Windler, the Cavs’ young core is starting to take shape.
Cleveland’s first opportunity to add a win to its season record comes on Oct. 23 against the Orlando Magic.