- Iman Shumpert clears up what Kyrie Irving meant after seemingly dissing LeBron James
- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
Cavs News: Darius Garland Misses Practice With Nagging Injury
- Updated: October 1, 2019
On Tuesday, Garland sat out the Cavaliers’ first practice of the season — this time because of an undetermined foot injury.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) October 1, 2019
The issue for Garland appears to be minor in nature and doesn’t figure to keep the highly touted rookie off the court for too long. The Cavaliers appear to simply be erring on the side of caution in order to have him fully recovered in time for the start of the regular season.
In his five games at Vanderbilt, Garland averaged 16.2 points, 2.8 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game. In addition, he was especially deadly when shooting from beyond the arc, connecting on 47.8 percent (11-of-23) of his shots from long range.
Garland’s season at Vanderbilt ended when he attempted a layup during the early portion of the Commodores’ Nov. 23 game against Kent State University. He was coming off a 33-point performance against Liberty University four nights earlier in which he knocked down five 3-pointers.
The Cavaliers kept him out of Summer League action and have no need to rush him back in this instance. The first of five preseason contests against NBA teams won’t take place until Oct. 11 at Detroit.