- Darius Garland Organizes Cleanup in Downtown Nashville After Bouts of Vandalism and Destruction
- Video: J.R. Smith Expresses Deep Regret After Beating Up White Kid
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Powerful Post on Racial Injustices With Photo of Kobe Bryant
- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
- Report: Cavs Will Not Shy Away From Drafting LaMelo Ball Despite Being Guard-Heavy
- Report: Cavs, Warriors, Wolves, Hawks Not Likely to Be Included in NBA Resumption
- Report: Cavs Could Be in Jeopardy of Being One of NBA Teams Not Selected to Return
Tristan Thompson Praises Kevin Porter Jr., Refers to Him as ‘Yung Killa’
- Updated: September 30, 2019
Porter is a native of Seattle, Wash., a city and metropolitan area that has produced notable NBA players such as Isaiah Thomas and Jamal Crawford. He played one season at the University of Southern California, where he shot a stout 41.2 percent from 3-point range.
He was originally drafted by the Milwaukee Bucks with the 30th pick in this summer’s NBA draft, and was immediately traded to the Detroit Pistons. Just days later, he was sent to the Cavs.
Cleveland apparently thought highly enough of Porter to ship four future second-round draft picks and cash to the Pistons for the Rainier Beach High School alum.
If he plays well, he could become an integral part of the Cavs’ backcourt rotation behind Darius Garland and Collin Sexton, who are expected to be the team’s starting guards now and for the foreseeable future.
Porter also seems like to have a nice first impression of the city of Cleveland, as he has remarked how much it reminds him of his beloved Seattle.