- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Tristan Thompson Praises Kevin Porter Jr., Refers to Him as ‘Yung Killa’
- Updated: September 30, 2019
Porter is a native of Seattle, Wash., a city and metropolitan area that has produced notable NBA players such as Isaiah Thomas and Jamal Crawford. He played one season at the University of Southern California, where he shot a stout 41.2 percent from 3-point range.
He was originally drafted by the Milwaukee Bucks with the 30th pick in this summer’s NBA draft, and was immediately traded to the Detroit Pistons. Just days later, he was sent to the Cavs.
Cleveland apparently thought highly enough of Porter to ship four future second-round draft picks and cash to the Pistons for the Rainier Beach High School alum.
If he plays well, he could become an integral part of the Cavs’ backcourt rotation behind Darius Garland and Collin Sexton, who are expected to be the team’s starting guards now and for the foreseeable future.
Porter also seems like to have a nice first impression of the city of Cleveland, as he has remarked how much it reminds him of his beloved Seattle.