- Jordan Clarkson Tells Channing Frye to ‘Shut Up’ After He Gets Roasted in Hilarious Fashion
- John Beilein Rips Referees for Traveling Calls on Cavs: ‘It’s Not Fair’
- Kyrie Irving ‘Coward’ Signs Spotted in Boston Ahead of Celtics-Nets Matchup
- Tristan Thompson Says Collin Sexton and Darius Garland Are Different: ‘They’re Not Douchebags’
- Report: Cavs to Eventually Demote Collin Sexton to Bench Role
- Darius Garland Speaks on Recent Improvement: ‘It’s Starting to Slow Down for Me’
- Report: Rival Executives Expected Trail Blazers to Target Kevin Love After Zach Collins Injury
- LeBron James Hilariously Reacts to Richard Jefferson Trolling New York Knicks
- Kevin Love Not Buying That Kyrie Irving Is a Bad Teammate
- Tristan Thompson Calls Kyrie Irving ‘Great Teammate,’ Says Cavs Will Retire His Jersey
Tristan Thompson Praises Kevin Porter Jr., Refers to Him as ‘Yung Killa’
- Updated: September 30, 2019
Porter is a native of Seattle, Wash., a city and metropolitan area that has produced notable NBA players such as Isaiah Thomas and Jamal Crawford. He played one season at the University of Southern California, where he shot a stout 41.2 percent from 3-point range.
He was originally drafted by the Milwaukee Bucks with the 30th pick in this summer’s NBA draft, and was immediately traded to the Detroit Pistons. Just days later, he was sent to the Cavs.
Cleveland apparently thought highly enough of Porter to ship four future second-round draft picks and cash to the Pistons for the Rainier Beach High School alum.
If he plays well, he could become an integral part of the Cavs’ backcourt rotation behind Darius Garland and Collin Sexton, who are expected to be the team’s starting guards now and for the foreseeable future.
Porter also seems like to have a nice first impression of the city of Cleveland, as he has remarked how much it reminds him of his beloved Seattle.