- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
- Stunning New Nike Ad Parallels Cavs Coming Back in 2016 Finals to World Returning From Pandemic
Cavs News: LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love Voted Best Cavaliers Ever
- Updated: September 17, 2019
However, some very experienced Cavs fans may argue that there was a bit of recency bias in the responses.
As expected, LeBron James was voted the best Cavalier ever, after averaging 27.2 points, 7.3 rebounds and 7.3 assists per game through two stints with the team.
The three combined to help Cleveland win its first and only NBA championship in 2016.
Some former Cavs players from the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s rounded out the top 10. Mark Price, an All-Star point guard who played with the team in the late 1980s and early 1990s tied with Love for third in the polling.
Brad Daugherty, a five-time All-Star and the first overall pick of the 1986 NBA Draft, was fifth. Larry Nance Sr. the father of current Cavalier Larry Nance Jr., was voted seventh.
Price, Daugherty and the elder Nance combined to make Cleveland a force in the Eastern Conference back in their day but picked the wrong time to do so, as the Detroit Pistons and Chicago Bulls were winning championships with iconic players such as Isiah Thomas, Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen.