- Kevin Love Gives Props to LeBron James Paying Tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
- Ben Simmons Clowns Darius Garland’s NBA 2K20 Player via Social Media
- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Ball With LeBron James in Latest Klutch Sports Workout
- Updated: September 2, 2019
With just weeks remaining before training camps open, NBA players continue to prepare with offseason workouts.
Late Sunday night, Klutch Sports used its Instagram account to offer photos of current Cleveland Cavaliers guard Jordan Clarkson competing with former teammates J.R. Smith and LeBron James, all of whom are represented by the agency.
While the level of intensity for such efforts can often vary, each of the players has plenty of incentive to ramp up his focus. That’s because Clarkson is in the final year of his contract with the Cavaliers, Smith is currently a free agent after being released by the Cavs and James is coming off an injury-plagued campaign that limited him to 55 games during the 2018-19 season.
Clarkson could be in line for a huge contract if he’s able to build on his most impressive season yet. In his first full season with the Cavaliers, the 27-year-old Clarkson came off the bench in each of the 81 games in which he played and averaged 16.8 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game.
Smith will be receiving the guaranteed $3.87 million he was due from the Cavaliers for the upcoming season, along with an additional $500,000 the team agreed to pay him to extend their efforts to trade him by a month. If he signs with a team, it will undoubtedly be a veteran’s minimum deal, considering he turns 34 next week and his statistical numbers have dropped in recent years.
In the case of James, his first season as a member of the Los Angeles Lakers turned out to be a disappointment because of his injuries, which played a key role in the Lakers missing the postseason. However, the offseason acquisition of Anthony Davis, who also took part in the Klutch workout, has given rise to high hopes for the upcoming campaign.