- Larry Nance Jr. Ruthlessly Trolls Alfonzo McKinnie for Getting His Ankles Broken by Damian Lillard
- Darius Garland Reacts in Disbelief to Police Killing of George Floyd
- Larry Nance Jr. Pays Respect to Kobe Bryant as He Shows Off Latest Cavs Workout
- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
Report: Impressed Cavs Official Calls Darius Garland’s Range ‘Almost Endless’
- Updated: September 1, 2019
According to Terry Pluto of Cleveland.com, one Cavs official is extremely impressed with the guard’s long-range shooting abilities.
“In workouts, the Cavs have been very impressed with Garland’s shooting range,” he wrote. “One official called it ‘almost endless.’ The Cavs are working on Garland’s ball-handling and passing skills, especially in pick-and-roll situations.”
Garland, 19, was selected by the Cavaliers with the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. While Garland was limited to just five games at Vanderbilt University before missing the rest of the season with a knee injury, he showed enough promise and potential for the Cavs to draft him very high.
The 6-foot-2 point guard up up 16.2 points, 3.8 boards and 2.6 assists in his stint with the Commodores.
However, it was Garland’s impressive shooting stroke that made him emerge in the latest draft class. The youngster made 53.7 percent of his shots from the field while knocking down 11-of-23 attempts from downtown.
Last week, Garland was seen shooting the lights out with a few other NBA players, including Tristan Thompson, in a summer scrimmage. There’s no wonder why the Cavs’ front office thinks so highly of the blazing sharpshooter.