- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
- Austin Carr Can’t Hold Back Tears When Discussing Partnership With Fred McLeod
- Kevin Durant Says He Was Never One of Warriors, Calls Kyrie Irving ‘Best Friend’ in Entire League
- LeBron James, Channing Frye, and Cavs Players Respond to Passing of Fred McLeod
- Report: Cavs Mourn Passing of Play-By-Play Announcer Fred McLeod
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson Got Into Heated Altercation With Kanye West
- Darius Garland Impresses Both Ben Simmons and Renowned NBA Trainer With ‘Unlimited’ Range
- Cedi Osman Hits Buzzer-Beater, Dominates World Cup Game
- Report: Anderson Varejao Hints He’s Interested in Coming Back to Cavs
- Former NBA Big Man Thinks LeBron James, Cavs Prepared for Spurs Over Warriors in 2015
Report: Impressed Cavs Official Calls Darius Garland’s Range ‘Almost Endless’
- Updated: September 1, 2019
According to Terry Pluto of Cleveland.com, one Cavs official is extremely impressed with the guard’s long-range shooting abilities.
“In workouts, the Cavs have been very impressed with Garland’s shooting range,” he wrote. “One official called it ‘almost endless.’ The Cavs are working on Garland’s ball-handling and passing skills, especially in pick-and-roll situations.”
Garland, 19, was selected by the Cavaliers with the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. While Garland was limited to just five games at Vanderbilt University before missing the rest of the season with a knee injury, he showed enough promise and potential for the Cavs to draft him very high.
The 6-foot-2 point guard up up 16.2 points, 3.8 boards and 2.6 assists in his stint with the Commodores.
However, it was Garland’s impressive shooting stroke that made him emerge in the latest draft class. The youngster made 53.7 percent of his shots from the field while knocking down 11-of-23 attempts from downtown.
Last week, Garland was seen shooting the lights out with a few other NBA players, including Tristan Thompson, in a summer scrimmage. There’s no wonder why the Cavs’ front office thinks so highly of the blazing sharpshooter.