- Koby Altman breaks down Cavs’ strategy regarding No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
Report: Impressed Cavs Official Calls Darius Garland’s Range ‘Almost Endless’
- Updated: September 1, 2019
According to Terry Pluto of Cleveland.com, one Cavs official is extremely impressed with the guard’s long-range shooting abilities.
“In workouts, the Cavs have been very impressed with Garland’s shooting range,” he wrote. “One official called it ‘almost endless.’ The Cavs are working on Garland’s ball-handling and passing skills, especially in pick-and-roll situations.”
Garland, 19, was selected by the Cavaliers with the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. While Garland was limited to just five games at Vanderbilt University before missing the rest of the season with a knee injury, he showed enough promise and potential for the Cavs to draft him very high.
The 6-foot-2 point guard up up 16.2 points, 3.8 boards and 2.6 assists in his stint with the Commodores.
However, it was Garland’s impressive shooting stroke that made him emerge in the latest draft class. The youngster made 53.7 percent of his shots from the field while knocking down 11-of-23 attempts from downtown.
Last week, Garland was seen shooting the lights out with a few other NBA players, including Tristan Thompson, in a summer scrimmage. There’s no wonder why the Cavs’ front office thinks so highly of the blazing sharpshooter.