- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
Report: Impressed Cavs Official Calls Darius Garland’s Range ‘Almost Endless’
- Updated: September 1, 2019
According to Terry Pluto of Cleveland.com, one Cavs official is extremely impressed with the guard’s long-range shooting abilities.
“In workouts, the Cavs have been very impressed with Garland’s shooting range,” he wrote. “One official called it ‘almost endless.’ The Cavs are working on Garland’s ball-handling and passing skills, especially in pick-and-roll situations.”
Garland, 19, was selected by the Cavaliers with the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. While Garland was limited to just five games at Vanderbilt University before missing the rest of the season with a knee injury, he showed enough promise and potential for the Cavs to draft him very high.
The 6-foot-2 point guard up up 16.2 points, 3.8 boards and 2.6 assists in his stint with the Commodores.
However, it was Garland’s impressive shooting stroke that made him emerge in the latest draft class. The youngster made 53.7 percent of his shots from the field while knocking down 11-of-23 attempts from downtown.
Last week, Garland was seen shooting the lights out with a few other NBA players, including Tristan Thompson, in a summer scrimmage. There’s no wonder why the Cavs’ front office thinks so highly of the blazing sharpshooter.