- Kevin Love Gives Props to LeBron James Paying Tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Tristan Thompson Says City of Cleveland Has Best Sports Fans
- Report: Kevin Love and Charlamagne tha God to Collaborate on Mental Health Talk
- Report: Cavs From 2016 Championship Team Wore Rings for Fred McLeod’s Funeral
- Cleveland Indians Honor Fred McLeod With Moment of Silence Before Game
- J.R. Smith Pays Respect to Shaun Livingston After He Announces Retirement
- Report: Cavs Insider Ranks Team’s 5 Most Valuable Trade Pieces
- Sports Illustrated Ranks Kevin Love in Top 50 of Best NBA Players of 2020 List
- Ben Simmons Clowns Darius Garland’s NBA 2K20 Player via Social Media
- Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Pens Emotional Statement After Passing of Fred McLeod
Cavs Players React to Throwback Jersey Announcement
- Updated: August 28, 2019
Sophomore guard Collin Sexton retweeted the announcement from the Cavaliers’ official Twitter account and commented with several fire emojis.
— Collin 'Young Bull' Sexton (@CollinSexton02) August 28, 2019
Kevin Love posted a photo of the black, orange and powder blue version of his No. 0 jersey on Instagram with some cool emojis in the caption.
One of those to comment on Love’s post was former Cavs shooting guard J.R. Smith, who jokingly asked if he could get his shorts.
Big man Tristan Thompson kept his reaction short and sweet.
🔥🔥🔥🔥 Can’t wait https://t.co/vixax5RQCc
Then, there’s center Larry Nance Jr., who shared a photo of himself on Instagram modeling the latest Cavs throwback jersey. He, like Sexton, added a couple of fire emojis in the caption. Love responded to the post with a comment along with even more fire emojis.
Prized rookie Darius Garland, who also took part in modeling the new threads, posted a picture of himself in the jersey as well.
The throwback uniform first debuted 25 years ago when the Cavs were coached by Mike Fratello and they played in Gund Arena.
Among the players on the roster that year were a number of legendary Cavs players such as Mark Price, Terrell Brandon, Larry Nance Sr., John Williams, and Brad Daugherty.
It’ll be up to this year’s Cavs team to live up to the throwback jersey’s lofty reputation.