- Report: Andre Drummond to Pick Up $28.7M Player Option to Stay With Cavs Next Season
- Report: Andre Drummond ‘Near Certainty’ to Return to Cavs With Option Date Updated
- Kevin Love Donates $500,000 to UCLA’s Psychology Department for Mental Health Awareness
- Video: Kevin Love Releases Heartfelt Message After Winning Prestigious ESPY Award
- Jordan Clarkson Disses Donald Trump After Latest Coronavirus Comments: ‘This Is the Dumbest S–t I Heard’
- Andre Drummond Hypes Up Darius Garland After He Breaks Ankles in Scrimmage Video
- Why Cavs Have Extensive Knowledge on Deni Avdija Because of J.B. Bickerstaff
- Report: Cavs Continue to Use Damian Lillard, C.J. McCollum as Model for Darius Garland, Collin Sexton
- Tristan Thompson Reminisces on Cavs Championship as ‘Legendary Father’s Day’
- Numbers Show That Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Was NBA’s Worst Player This Season
Report: Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Returns Home 8 Weeks After Stroke
- Updated: August 21, 2019
After undergoing two months of rehabilitation, Gilbert finally went home late last week, according to Crains Detroit.
“On Friday, Dan Gilbert returned to Detroit to continue his rehabilitation locally,” Quicken Loans CEO Jay Farner said in a statement. “We are extremely thankful for all of the skilled medical professionals who have played a significant role in Dan’s recovery and are glad to have him back home.”
Farner added that the heads of his various companies are determined to keep things running as smoothly as possible as Gilbert continues to rehab.
“While Dan focuses his energy on the rehabilitation process, our teams across the family of companies will continue to execute at a high level, serving and supporting our clients and team members,” he said.
Earlier this month, Gilbert sent out a video of thanks to all those who have helped him in his rehab process.
“Thank you for all of your well wishes and all of the letters, notes, emails, voice mails, texts, whatever it is, I read every single one of them and I really appreciate it,” Gilbert said in the video message to employees. “It keeps me going.”
With just two months left before opening night of the 2019-20 NBA regular season, it’s unclear if Gilbert will be able to watch his beloved Cavs in person. Based on this most recent news, however, it seems he’ll be back at the table sooner rather than later.