- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert Returns Home 8 Weeks After Stroke
- Updated: August 21, 2019
After undergoing two months of rehabilitation, Gilbert finally went home late last week, according to Crains Detroit.
“On Friday, Dan Gilbert returned to Detroit to continue his rehabilitation locally,” Quicken Loans CEO Jay Farner said in a statement. “We are extremely thankful for all of the skilled medical professionals who have played a significant role in Dan’s recovery and are glad to have him back home.”
Farner added that the heads of his various companies are determined to keep things running as smoothly as possible as Gilbert continues to rehab.
“While Dan focuses his energy on the rehabilitation process, our teams across the family of companies will continue to execute at a high level, serving and supporting our clients and team members,” he said.
Earlier this month, Gilbert sent out a video of thanks to all those who have helped him in his rehab process.
“Thank you for all of your well wishes and all of the letters, notes, emails, voice mails, texts, whatever it is, I read every single one of them and I really appreciate it,” Gilbert said in the video message to employees. “It keeps me going.”
With just two months left before opening night of the 2019-20 NBA regular season, it’s unclear if Gilbert will be able to watch his beloved Cavs in person. Based on this most recent news, however, it seems he’ll be back at the table sooner rather than later.