- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Cavs News: Larry Nance Jr. Questionable for Opening Night vs. Toronto Raptors
- Updated: October 15, 2018
Larry Nance Jr. did not participate in Monday’s practice due to a sprained ankle, and his status for Wednesday night’s opening game against the Toronto Raptors is unclear.
The Cavs are scheduled to depart for Toronto right after an early Tuesday morning practice. The team will hold a shootaround on Wednesday morning, so Nance’s availability for the game should be made clear then.
Nance injured the ankle when he landed on a teammate after going up for a rebound in practice last Thursday, and hence sat out during Friday’s preseason game against the Detroit Pistons. It should be noted that this marks the first time that Nance has sprained his ankle in his three-year NBA career.
Nance is slated to share minutes at the center position with fellow teammate Tristan Thompson, with Thompson starting and playing against the bulkier bigs. If Nance is a no-go for Wednesday night’s game, then Ante Zizic is expected to receive more playing time.