- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
- Kevin Love’s Emphatic Reaction After Seeing Kevin Durant Go Down With Injury in Game 5
- R.J. Barrett Says He’s Only Willing to Meet and Work Out With New York Knicks
Cavs News: Larry Nance Jr. Questionable for Opening Night vs. Toronto Raptors
- Updated: October 15, 2018
Larry Nance Jr. did not participate in Monday’s practice due to a sprained ankle, and his status for Wednesday night’s opening game against the Toronto Raptors is unclear.
The Cavs are scheduled to depart for Toronto right after an early Tuesday morning practice. The team will hold a shootaround on Wednesday morning, so Nance’s availability for the game should be made clear then.
Nance injured the ankle when he landed on a teammate after going up for a rebound in practice last Thursday, and hence sat out during Friday’s preseason game against the Detroit Pistons. It should be noted that this marks the first time that Nance has sprained his ankle in his three-year NBA career.
Nance is slated to share minutes at the center position with fellow teammate Tristan Thompson, with Thompson starting and playing against the bulkier bigs. If Nance is a no-go for Wednesday night’s game, then Ante Zizic is expected to receive more playing time.