- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
Cavs News: Larry Nance Jr. Questionable for Opening Night vs. Toronto Raptors
- Updated: October 15, 2018
Larry Nance Jr. did not participate in Monday’s practice due to a sprained ankle, and his status for Wednesday night’s opening game against the Toronto Raptors is unclear.
The Cavs are scheduled to depart for Toronto right after an early Tuesday morning practice. The team will hold a shootaround on Wednesday morning, so Nance’s availability for the game should be made clear then.
Nance injured the ankle when he landed on a teammate after going up for a rebound in practice last Thursday, and hence sat out during Friday’s preseason game against the Detroit Pistons. It should be noted that this marks the first time that Nance has sprained his ankle in his three-year NBA career.
Nance is slated to share minutes at the center position with fellow teammate Tristan Thompson, with Thompson starting and playing against the bulkier bigs. If Nance is a no-go for Wednesday night’s game, then Ante Zizic is expected to receive more playing time.