- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
- Report: Cavs Plan to Have 6 Guards on Roster by Start of Season
- J.R. Smith Gets Incredible Tattoo of His Daughter
- Kevin Love to Appear on Upcoming Episode of LeBron James’ ‘The Shop’
- Report: Cavs Sign Former Orlando Magic Swingman to 1-Year Deal
Tristan Thompson Wishes Ben Simmons Happy Birthday With Epic Cake
- Updated: July 21, 2019
Simmons celebrated his 23rd birthday yesterday, July 20, just days after he signed a five-year, $170 million contract extension to continue his career with the Sixers.
With Philadelphia making a run for a championship, signing the multi-talented point guard to a lucrative deal is a step in the right direction. The organization pretty much assured themselves that the final year on Simmons’ rookie deal won’t be a distraction during the season.
Thompson and Simmons share the same agent, Rich Paul of Klutch Sports Group, and the two have been working out this summer to prepare for the 2019-20 regular season. One of their Instagram photos shows that their workouts have been with renowned shooting coach and trainer Chris Johnson aka Lethal Shooter.
Simmons is surely hoping to build on his first All-Star appearance during the 2018-19 season, when he posted averages of 16.9 points, 8.8 rebounds, 7.7 assists and 1.4 steals per game.
Thompson, on the other hand, is hoping to bounce back after playing in only 40 games in his eighth season in the league. He still put up nightly numbers of 10.9 points and 10.2 rebounds last season, despite going through an injury-plagued year.