- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
Tristan Thompson Wishes Ben Simmons Happy Birthday With Epic Cake
- Updated: July 21, 2019
Simmons celebrated his 23rd birthday yesterday, July 20, just days after he signed a five-year, $170 million contract extension to continue his career with the Sixers.
With Philadelphia making a run for a championship, signing the multi-talented point guard to a lucrative deal is a step in the right direction. The organization pretty much assured themselves that the final year on Simmons’ rookie deal won’t be a distraction during the season.
Thompson and Simmons share the same agent, Rich Paul of Klutch Sports Group, and the two have been working out this summer to prepare for the 2019-20 regular season. One of their Instagram photos shows that their workouts have been with renowned shooting coach and trainer Chris Johnson aka Lethal Shooter.
Simmons is surely hoping to build on his first All-Star appearance during the 2018-19 season, when he posted averages of 16.9 points, 8.8 rebounds, 7.7 assists and 1.4 steals per game.
Thompson, on the other hand, is hoping to bounce back after playing in only 40 games in his eighth season in the league. He still put up nightly numbers of 10.9 points and 10.2 rebounds last season, despite going through an injury-plagued year.