- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
- Report: Cavs Plan to Have 6 Guards on Roster by Start of Season
- J.R. Smith Gets Incredible Tattoo of His Daughter
- Kevin Love to Appear on Upcoming Episode of LeBron James’ ‘The Shop’
- Report: Cavs Sign Former Orlando Magic Swingman to 1-Year Deal
Tristan Thompson Works Out With Philadelphia 76ers All-Star
- Updated: July 14, 2019
On Saturday, Thompson took to social media to show off their recent joint workout.
The two players are currently facing vastly different futures. The 28-year-old Thompson is in the final year of his five-year contract in which he’ll earn $18.5 million for the year. Meanwhile, Simmons has been offered a five-year contract extension that will pay him $170 million.
Thompson’s ability to earn another large salary after this year depends on how well he’s able to bounce back from his past two injury-plagued seasons.
He’s missed 68 regular season games over that time frame after having previously been one of the more durable players in the league. In his 43 games during the 2018-19 campaign, he averaged 10.9 points, 10.2 points, and 2.0 assists per game.
Simmons turns 23 next Saturday and has lived up to being the top pick in the 2016 NBA Draft.
He missed the 2016-17 season because of a foot injury, but has since averaged 16.4 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 7.9 assists per game.