- Cavs Big Man Jordan Bell Reflects on Painful Series of Trades: ‘I Wanted to Fight Somebody’
- Video: Andre Drummond Drains Acrobatic 3-Pointer in Scrimmage
- Cavs Rumors: Growing Belief That NBA Won’t Create 2nd Bubble for 8 Eliminated Teams
- Report: Cavs Were ‘Livid’ to Be Left Out of NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Deems Anthony Davis ‘Monstar’ After Huge Game in NBA Bubble
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Emotional Message About Why He Feels Lucky to Be on Cavs
- Dylan Windler Offers Incredibly Positive Update on Injury Recovery
- Tristan Thompson Gets Hyped While Explaining Why LeBron James Is the Best Player in the NBA
- Larry Nance Jr. Breaks Down Why He’s a ‘Huge Fan’ of LaMelo Ball
- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond Exploring ‘Substantial Offer’ for Long-Term Extension
Tristan Thompson Works Out With Philadelphia 76ers All-Star
- Updated: July 14, 2019
On Saturday, Thompson took to social media to show off their recent joint workout.
The two players are currently facing vastly different futures. The 28-year-old Thompson is in the final year of his five-year contract in which he’ll earn $18.5 million for the year. Meanwhile, Simmons has been offered a five-year contract extension that will pay him $170 million.
Thompson’s ability to earn another large salary after this year depends on how well he’s able to bounce back from his past two injury-plagued seasons.
He’s missed 68 regular season games over that time frame after having previously been one of the more durable players in the league. In his 43 games during the 2018-19 campaign, he averaged 10.9 points, 10.2 points, and 2.0 assists per game.
Simmons turns 23 next Saturday and has lived up to being the top pick in the 2016 NBA Draft.
He missed the 2016-17 season because of a foot injury, but has since averaged 16.4 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 7.9 assists per game.