- Report: NBA executives don’t expect Deni Avdija to fall past Cavs
- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
Tristan Thompson Works Out With Philadelphia 76ers All-Star
- Updated: July 14, 2019
On Saturday, Thompson took to social media to show off their recent joint workout.
The two players are currently facing vastly different futures. The 28-year-old Thompson is in the final year of his five-year contract in which he’ll earn $18.5 million for the year. Meanwhile, Simmons has been offered a five-year contract extension that will pay him $170 million.
Thompson’s ability to earn another large salary after this year depends on how well he’s able to bounce back from his past two injury-plagued seasons.
He’s missed 68 regular season games over that time frame after having previously been one of the more durable players in the league. In his 43 games during the 2018-19 campaign, he averaged 10.9 points, 10.2 points, and 2.0 assists per game.
Simmons turns 23 next Saturday and has lived up to being the top pick in the 2016 NBA Draft.
He missed the 2016-17 season because of a foot injury, but has since averaged 16.4 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 7.9 assists per game.