- Tristan Thompson Gushes About Kevin Porter Jr.: ‘The Kid Has Something Special’
- Report: Cavs Actively Listening to Trade Proposals for Kevin Love
- Cavs Rumors: Kevin Love ‘Prefers’ Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
- Report: NBA Execs Believe Kevin Love Deal Unlikely to Net Cavs More Than 1st-Round Pick
- Report: Kevin Love Prefers Trade to Title Contender
Kevin Love Devotes Social Media Post to Celebrity Who Committed Suicide
- Updated: March 31, 2019
During the weekend, he used social media to pay tribute to world-famous chef and television personality Anthony Bourdain, who committed suicide last June.
Just after Bourdain’s suicide, Love also used social media to succinctly express his thoughts on the tragedy.
Devastating. Prayers to all of his loved ones. So incredibly sad. https://t.co/4tmqtyjw4X
Love went public about having panic attacks and dealing with other mental health concerns in March 2018. The bold move resulted in Love being praised for his courage in addressing an often taboo issue which involves a wide spectrum of concerns.
Since taking that step, Love has received awards for helping to create awareness. On May 1, he’ll receive a Change Maker Award from the Child Mind Institute at Carnegie Hall.
On the court, Love has been forced to spend much the 2018-19 campaign on the sidelines because of injuries.
However, in the 21 games that he has played this season, he’s put up numbers that largely match his career averages. With less than two weeks left before the Cavaliers end what’s been a frustrating season, he’s averaging 17.6 points, 11.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists.