- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
Kevin Love Devotes Social Media Post to Celebrity Who Committed Suicide
- Updated: March 31, 2019
During the weekend, he used social media to pay tribute to world-famous chef and television personality Anthony Bourdain, who committed suicide last June.
Just after Bourdain’s suicide, Love also used social media to succinctly express his thoughts on the tragedy.
Devastating. Prayers to all of his loved ones. So incredibly sad. https://t.co/4tmqtyjw4X
Love went public about having panic attacks and dealing with other mental health concerns in March 2018. The bold move resulted in Love being praised for his courage in addressing an often taboo issue which involves a wide spectrum of concerns.
Since taking that step, Love has received awards for helping to create awareness. On May 1, he’ll receive a Change Maker Award from the Child Mind Institute at Carnegie Hall.
On the court, Love has been forced to spend much the 2018-19 campaign on the sidelines because of injuries.
However, in the 21 games that he has played this season, he’s put up numbers that largely match his career averages. With less than two weeks left before the Cavaliers end what’s been a frustrating season, he’s averaging 17.6 points, 11.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists.