- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
- Kevin Love’s Emphatic Reaction After Seeing Kevin Durant Go Down With Injury in Game 5
- R.J. Barrett Says He’s Only Willing to Meet and Work Out With New York Knicks
ESPN Reveals Kevin Love’s Rank for 2018-19 Campaign
- Updated: September 19, 2018
It’s been a big summer for Love, who signed an extension with the Cavs that will pay him $120 million over a four-year period beginning next season. In addition, the 30-year-old recently announced that he’s opening up a fund to focus on mental health awareness.
However, Love’s largest splash might not come until the regular season starts. With James leaving to the Los Angeles Lakers, the Cavs’ leading spot goes to the proven big man. After averaging a subpar 17.6 points and 9.3 rebounds last season, Love’s stats are expected to rise through the roof this year.
The season before he was traded to Cleveland, the 6-foot-10 power forward put up 26.1 points and 12.1 rebounds per game with the Minnesota Timberwolves. That scoring average Love produced during the 2013-14 NBA season was higher than the likes of Stephen Curry, James Harden and Blake Griffin.
Now, with four years of NBA Finals experience under his belt and being around the greatness of James, the new leader can take his game to another stratosphere. The All-Star is still in his prime and knows what it takes to win an NBA championship. While an NBA Finals trip might be a lofty expectation, the Cavaliers can certainly make the playoffs with Love leading the way.