- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
Darius Garland Celebrates Signing Contract With Cavs via Social Media
- Updated: July 2, 2019
To commemorate the moment, he took to social media to post a photo that shows him affixing his signature.
Garland signed his deal while at the brief three-day Summer League taking place in Salt Lake City, which will be followed by 11 days of Summer League action in Las Vegas.
The rookie is not expected to play in either since he’s still rehabilitating his surgically repaired knee that limited him to just five games last season at Vanderbilt University.
The Cavaliers’ training camp doesn’t get underway until late September, which should afford Garland enough time to finish his rehabilitation and fully prepare for his rookie campaign.
There has been talk of both Garland and last year’s top draft pick, Collin Sexton, sharing the starting backcourt in the 2019-20 season. However, that remains a fluid situation that will be determined at a later date.
The Cavs Summer League team began play on Monday with a 97-89 loss to the San Antonio Spurs. Another Cavs first-round pick from last month’s draft, Dylan Windler, led the team with 19 points.