- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Darius Garland Celebrates Signing Contract With Cavs via Social Media
- Updated: July 2, 2019
To commemorate the moment, he took to social media to post a photo that shows him affixing his signature.
Garland signed his deal while at the brief three-day Summer League taking place in Salt Lake City, which will be followed by 11 days of Summer League action in Las Vegas.
The rookie is not expected to play in either since he’s still rehabilitating his surgically repaired knee that limited him to just five games last season at Vanderbilt University.
The Cavaliers’ training camp doesn’t get underway until late September, which should afford Garland enough time to finish his rehabilitation and fully prepare for his rookie campaign.
There has been talk of both Garland and last year’s top draft pick, Collin Sexton, sharing the starting backcourt in the 2019-20 season. However, that remains a fluid situation that will be determined at a later date.
The Cavs Summer League team began play on Monday with a 97-89 loss to the San Antonio Spurs. Another Cavs first-round pick from last month’s draft, Dylan Windler, led the team with 19 points.