- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Powerful Post on Racial Injustices With Photo of Kobe Bryant
- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
- Report: Cavs Will Not Shy Away From Drafting LaMelo Ball Despite Being Guard-Heavy
- Report: Cavs, Warriors, Wolves, Hawks Not Likely to Be Included in NBA Resumption
- Report: Cavs Could Be in Jeopardy of Being One of NBA Teams Not Selected to Return
- Cavs Legend Talks Smack About Michael Jordan and His Bulls: ‘We Used to Wax Them’
- Report: Cavs Had Multiple Trade Offers for Tristan Thompson
Darius Garland Celebrates Signing Contract With Cavs via Social Media
- Updated: July 2, 2019
To commemorate the moment, he took to social media to post a photo that shows him affixing his signature.
Garland signed his deal while at the brief three-day Summer League taking place in Salt Lake City, which will be followed by 11 days of Summer League action in Las Vegas.
The rookie is not expected to play in either since he’s still rehabilitating his surgically repaired knee that limited him to just five games last season at Vanderbilt University.
The Cavaliers’ training camp doesn’t get underway until late September, which should afford Garland enough time to finish his rehabilitation and fully prepare for his rookie campaign.
There has been talk of both Garland and last year’s top draft pick, Collin Sexton, sharing the starting backcourt in the 2019-20 season. However, that remains a fluid situation that will be determined at a later date.
The Cavs Summer League team began play on Monday with a 97-89 loss to the San Antonio Spurs. Another Cavs first-round pick from last month’s draft, Dylan Windler, led the team with 19 points.