- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
- Report: Cavs Plan to Have 6 Guards on Roster by Start of Season
- J.R. Smith Gets Incredible Tattoo of His Daughter
- Kevin Love to Appear on Upcoming Episode of LeBron James’ ‘The Shop’
- Report: Cavs Sign Former Orlando Magic Swingman to 1-Year Deal
Darius Garland Celebrates Signing Contract With Cavs via Social Media
- Updated: July 2, 2019
To commemorate the moment, he took to social media to post a photo that shows him affixing his signature.
Garland signed his deal while at the brief three-day Summer League taking place in Salt Lake City, which will be followed by 11 days of Summer League action in Las Vegas.
The rookie is not expected to play in either since he’s still rehabilitating his surgically repaired knee that limited him to just five games last season at Vanderbilt University.
The Cavaliers’ training camp doesn’t get underway until late September, which should afford Garland enough time to finish his rehabilitation and fully prepare for his rookie campaign.
There has been talk of both Garland and last year’s top draft pick, Collin Sexton, sharing the starting backcourt in the 2019-20 season. However, that remains a fluid situation that will be determined at a later date.
The Cavs Summer League team began play on Monday with a 97-89 loss to the San Antonio Spurs. Another Cavs first-round pick from last month’s draft, Dylan Windler, led the team with 19 points.