- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
Cavs News: Dan Gilbert Makes Big Step in Recovery Following Stroke
- Updated: June 20, 2019
According to a report, Gilbert made a big step in his recovery following a scary stroke in May.
#Cavs update on Dan Gilbert: “Yesterday, Dan Gilbert was discharged from the hospital and will now continue focusing on his recovery at an in-patient rehabilitation center. Dan is eager to continue the progress he has made over the last several weeks." Termed an "intensive" rehab
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) June 20, 2019
Gilbert, 57, has been discharged from the Michigan hospital where he was treated for and recovering from a stroke he suffered late last month. The billionaire business man and his family are no strangers to serious health issues.
Gilbert’s son, Nick, was born with neurofibromatosis. The condition led to a tumor that required an eight-hour surgery a year ago.
Meanwhile, Gilbert’s franchise is preparing for a huge draft that is expected to have franchise-altering selections, transactions, and free-agency implications. After essentially tanking the entire year, all are eyes are on the Cavs for who they choose with the No. 5 pick in the draft.
In addition, it’s highly likely that guard J.R. Smith will get traded by the end of Thursday. The veteran’s team-friendly financial situation will have plenty of teams vying to get him on their rosters to shed salary space.