- Report: LeBron James Called Rob Pelinka to Vouch for and Recruit Former Cavs Teammate
- Jordan Clarkson Sings Praises for NBA in Reaction to Russell Westbrook Trade
- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Give Cavs ‘Rare’ Discount on Rookie Contract
- Richard Jefferson Asks Kevin Love for Pictures of His Girlfriend Kate Bock
- Larry Nance Jr. ‘Happy as Hell’ With Cavs’ Offseason, Expects to Be ‘Problem’ for Opponents
- Former Cavs Player Outraged After ESPN Analysts Count Out LeBron James and Lakers
- Here’s What the Portland Trail Blazers Could Offer in a Trade for Kevin Love
John Beilein Pens Emotional Farewell to University of Michigan After Being Hired by Cavs
- Updated: May 13, 2019
Before he dons the Wine and Gold for the first time, however, Beilein took a moment to thank the Maize and Blue of the University of Michigan for the past 12 years of his career.
Thanks to everyone at the Univ of Michigan for their incredible support these last 12 years. Our fans , alums , leaders, players and students are AMAZING It has been a heck of a ride and I hope you enjoyed our teams and staff as much as I did !Go Blue Forever ! #GoBlue
Beilein is beloved in Ann Arbor thank to the fact that he took a relatively forgettable program and turned it into a relative powerhouse. During his tenure at Michigan, Beilein won two Big Ten Tournaments, two Big Ten regular season titles, advanced to the Final Four twice, and made a handful of other deep NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament runs.
It is surely a sad day for fans of the Wolverines, but their loss is the Cavs’ gain.
While Beilein has not yet coached at the professional level in his career, he has become known for his ability to draw up effective offensive plays, focusing on the 3-pointer to score in bunches. He has also excelled at developing talent throughout his career.